Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Me too-
He's just pissed SWA pilots like their life

I'm sure every cat hanging out in the regionals would take either carrier but he continues to cut and paste

Pissed about what? I'm sure some of you do like LBB and multiple leg days. That's great for the first 5-10 years. Then..... It sux. But, prospective pilots looking for differences need to know them, and your lack of retirements along with a contentious merger means stagnation for years and years. Throwing out FACTS like this is really a public service announcement. You're welcome.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I will give it to delta that they get an approx. 14% defined contribution as well as the 401k and profit sharing. I would hope swa adds the defined contribution to there next contract. That extra 14% towards retirement is huge over a career.

.........his airline's lame hiring practices.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Those same "hiring practices" kept your fat ass out. Having to spend a four day with a dork like you is enough reason to consider anyone but Delto.

The General talks about his trips like they're a big vacation. I'll take the airline job that keeps me home every night. It's a lot easier to have a life!

Delto and this forum are his only life, a sad sad life.

While I do hope other airlines will always improve on their respective contracts as that helps everyone I do have to say this.

I have had more fun on overnights in innocuous places at Southwest than I ever had at any of the other three airlines I have worked for, two of those had overnights in "exotic" international destinations that the general has such a hard-on for. It is not unusual to head down to the bar and find ten or more crewmembers at a table having a raucous time. Don't ever seem to see other airlines crews with that sense of community. We may be in Lubbock but we are with "family" and having a great time. A wise old Pan Am captain once told me that if the pay was the same fleet wide the 727 would have been the senior aircraft. So enjoy your 8,9,10hour or whatever legs to wherever cause the van ride looks the same whether your in Milan or Midland. Maybe we will fly over oceans maybe not but right now I just want my last paycheck to say Southwest Airlines and I could give a rats a$$ what kind of airplane I fly

Bye Bye...Dairy Air

Couldn't agree with Dairy Air more. I rarely post but in 9 years I've overnighted in LBB once. Yes it sucks (unless you are with a great crew) but once in 9 years I'll take it. I hope everyone is happy with where they work but for those of us at SWA (at least myself) I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

This was on the other forum;
Working the same number of days, the average SWA Captain made a little over $50K more in total compensation than I would have made as an MD-88/90 Captain at Delta.

Or put another way, for the year I worked 24 days MORE than the average SWA Captain, and I made $14,000 LESS.

With all the money they have laying around there is no excuse for the above.
For comparison I'm interested to see where you are at, can you show us the flight hours per month, pay per hour, maybe rig numbers to compare to SWA? I'll admit, our min is in the 85-90ish TFP or hrs a month, but the average guy flys 105ish. That's a healthy 15% or so difference just on guys who fly min and guys who fly average, heck, imagine the guys who hump and fly 120-130 a month. That's a difference of way over $50k just between the same seat and longevity at SWA.

Funny how the most vocal critics of the contract I work under is the SWA pilots. Getting ready to watch Gary pull the plug on the good times happyland contract over there makes them lash out on Delta threads.

Thanks for the criticism guys. Let us know how great your life is when Gary punches SWAPA in the ovaries and steals your purse.

Pissed about what? I'm sure some of you do like LBB and multiple leg days. That's great for the first 5-10 years. Then..... It sux. But, prospective pilots looking for differences need to know them, and your lack of retirements along with a contentious merger means stagnation for years and years. Throwing out FACTS like this is really a public service announcement. You're welcome.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Speaking of, you've been on the stagnation schtick for a long time now- years even- but stagnation to us is trickle hiring, where for you it's been big furloughs and recalls-

So a fair question, I don't know honestly- who's done more hiring in the last 5 years, delta or Swa?

Funny how the most vocal critics of the contract I work under is the SWA pilots. Getting ready to watch Gary pull the plug on the good times happyland contract over there makes them lash out on Delta threads.

Thanks for the criticism guys. Let us know how great your life is when Gary punches SWAPA in the ovaries and steals your purse.

That could happen, but doubtful-
Do hope you guys leapfrog us though and sit smugly on FI bitching about how we lower the bar- that's where I'd like the industry contracts- not you guys struggling to make 73 pay flying a wide body

Latest resources

Back