• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta lawsuit vs Alaska ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hear they are threatening if we don't give them the RNP stuff .. Feds won't give them the lower LDA mins either ...

Last edited:
Even if Alaska handed over the approaches, Delta needs approval from the FAA to use those approaches. Which also means they need a tailored training program. So suing Alaska seems pretty unrealistic.

Yeah, I guess DL has never done them, except into the old Quito airport with volcanos all around down a valley and landing at 10,000 ft MSL.... No biggie.... Even with a language barrier too....

Get over yourselves Eskimos! They've been doing RNP approaches for years in training too. I bet DL knows what to do, and gave themselves enough time to do it.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yeah, I guess DL has never done them, except into the old Quito airport with volcanos all around down a valley and landing at 10,000 ft MSL.... No biggie.... Even with a language barrier too....

Get over yourselves Eskimos! They've been doing RNP approaches for years in training too. I bet DL knows what to do, and gave themselves enough time to do it.....

Bye Bye---General Lee
I assume that's a special qual airport ? As JNU prob would be .. So .. sea is not a delta 737 base .. Are they going to pre position pilots in Seattle .. To do 1 flight a day ? Like they did to hall the Hawks home !?!?!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Forgot you're the only sky gods out there.......well maybe before your new hires in 2008 and since you might of been but now it's just a shining example Obama would be proud of!! Equality for all even if you're not equal that's the DAL way today, so sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5ziaWhjITM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Pretty scary stuff!

I don't think anyone is saying Delta pilots are less skilled then Alaska pilots. What is being said is JNU requires all the approaches and special procedures that Alaska has developed over the years. Yes, even in summer, (but to a lesser extent depending on the year).

Oh, and yes some of the locals are going to be excited by having another carrier flying into JNU that will possibly lower ticket prices. What consumer wouldn't like that. It doesn't mean that they will be choosing the other carrier if prices are similar. I think all of the locals respect and appreciate the product and service Alaska provides year round.

Latest resources

Back