• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Interview Invites are going out!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd also guess seniority when it comes to non-reving will come into effect. Replacing the current AA system.

I don't think the current AA system is going to survive the merger. USAirways is very upbeat and proud of their current system, which allows you to reserve the J/S without fear of getting bumped. They won't even bump a J/S for payload. If you reserve the J/S, the only way you're not going is if the airplane isn't going. This is what is being told to the new hires, at least. Apparently, a quick glance is showing somewhere around 60% of a combined US/AA list will be commuting, and they're looking to make the commutes as easy and dependable as can be done. Oh, and the fee is supposedly gone with the merger too.

I don't think the current AA system is going to survive the merger. USAirways is very upbeat and proud of their current system, which allows you to reserve the J/S without fear of getting bumped. They won't even bump a J/S for payload. If you reserve the J/S, the only way you're not going is if the airplane isn't going. This is what is being told to the new hires, at least. Apparently, a quick glance is showing somewhere around 60% of a combined US/AA list will be commuting, and they're looking to make the commutes as easy and dependable as can be done. Oh, and the fee is supposedly gone with the merger too.

It's true, the only way you are not going is if the FAA bumps you, there is a line check conducted or if the plane is not going! If you are listed as primary the FAA and lc airman will bump you to secondary (at least on AB, since it has two JS). I have heard Senior guys who respect one junior to them listed as primary and that is nice to see! So for the commuters, it's first come first serve policy, not bad to have!! Oh and JSer is part of the bow, so if the plane is overweight on short hops, the JS doesn't get bumped for w&b issues!! Another nice perk!

US Airways/Delta

Interview date 11/13.

So if she starts INDOC on October 14, she will be finished on the 25.

That would put her in initial ground school probably on the 29 With her SPV on November 7. Depending on whether she goes to the E190 or A-320 she could possibly start simulator on November 11. 5 on and 2 of during simulator with a 10 day footprint.

Semper Fi...

She had 4 from people she flew with and then also was in touch with one of the CA up the food chain in the interview process or somewhere up the road in management (also a former Marine).

It's not me, it's my wife. Although I have to admit I am somewhat envious of the opportunity she's got ahead of her. Whether DL or US, I have 6 years at SWA she'll upgrade either way well before I do. For me, for better or worse, I have made my bed at SWA and will lay in it so to speak. I am finding a lot less people on the line who think SWA is the dream place to be anymore.

Congratulations to your family. Sounds like a good situation to be in. She has a class on 10/14 and an interview on 11/13, what are her plans? Is she going to start that class date and try to find a day off somehow to interview? Might be dicey if she had a sim day or something that date.

Like I said, good situation to be in, just got me curious.

It's not me, it's my wife. Although I have to admit I am somewhat envious of the opportunity she's got ahead of her. Whether DL or US, I have 6 years at SWA she'll upgrade either way well before I do. For me, for better or worse, I have made my bed at SWA and will lay in it so to speak. I am finding a lot less people on the line who think SWA is the dream place to be anymore.

Sorry I shoulda paid closer attention, but congrats to you and her. Delta's a well run company with a visionary CEO.

Latest resources

Back