Delta- how long to hold SLC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captain

Just wondering if hired there in the next go around how long is it right now to hold SLC? And is it a shrinking base?

Always wanted to live there, not have to commute, have my cake and eat it too.

Just wondering if hired there in the next go around how long is it right now to hold SLC? And is it a shrinking base?

It changes all the time. I got hired 3 years ago and got LAX out of training and SLC about 8 months later. But then displaced back to LA and eventually CVG. I got I got back to SLC on the May 10 bid because of the SEA ER base they opened, that took a lot of the SEA, PDX commuters out of SLC. But with the merger and airplanes shifting around its tough to tell. LA is now very senior because of all the NWA guys in S. California. The last entitlement added 10 more 737 spots in SLC. Last I heard they were going to increase the narrow body time and that could mean more growth in SLC. I hope so, I dont want to see any more flying given to skywest.

Looks like on this AE that just came out. New hire to 08 hire got on the 73 and 320 and 07 hire on the ER.

Thanks for the info.

Giving away flying to Skywest seems to be happening everywhere. CAL or should I say CONU is also giving it away.

Love the picture Griswold. Wish Delta would put back the "Black Nose" and get a real paint job. The freaking "Citgo" gas station tail is UGLY!!

Better confirm that with johnsonrod. He knows anything and everything DAL.

You're right. I have heard possible hiring in the Fall that would put pilots online by 2012. Depends on retirement numbers and new fatigue rules that could cause the extra hiring. I hope I am one of them! Thanks Crash Pad!

Last edited:

Best guess would be at least 2 years. No so bad if that is where you want to settle. I am an 08 hire and got it on the May 10 bid and move here in Dec of this year. There is talk of moving 320s to ATL but I do not believe any of that will come out of SLC. The base should stay the same size, and maybe grow(??). Of all the acquired bases of Deltas, SLC is the only one they have shown true commitment to. IMHO

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back