• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

delta/gulfstream

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was a good deal either way for management.
How's the corporate Kool-aid taste Lee?

So, the 717 deal WASN'T good for management? I thought it was better for us because it gave us the mythical "100 seater" we have always been searching for, which brings back regional routes to mainline, away from DCI. All at $195 an hour for OUR Capts. I'd say that's good for us. Management had a good option either way, taking the 717s for us or letting a direct competitor choke on leases they didn't want. They are actually willing to pay over $100 million to convert the 717s over to DL specs. That is good for management and my profit sharing!

Have a great one!

Bye Bye---General Lee

It was a good deal either way for management.

Now now it wasn't corporate's fault. We can thank Big Brother ALPA for selling out another generation of SNB's. General Hypocrite only needed one Grand Admiral Moak sponsored road show to 'see the light' and develop blind allegiance. Magic stuff they can spin up in Herndon esp for the narrow minded.

Oh boy, here comes the agitated UAL pilot again. His problem is that he was or will be offered the same type of deal, except no 717s. He will be offered a raise, but nothing to replace RJs, and he knows it. He is pizzed, still waiting for that "agreement in principle" that I think happened a couple months ago, right? So, to sum it up, no raise yet, no plan to replace RJs, no nothing. He is the double negative himself.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL,

I agree with 3 things
1. Good for DAL pilots for the raise.
2. 717's are good.
3. Take what scope management is willing to give when they are willing.

But to say this scope was an Improvement?

GL,

I agree with 3 things
1. Good for DAL pilots for the raise.
2. 717's are good.
3. Take what scope management is willing to give when they are willing.

But to say this scope was an Improvement?

Yes, scope was an improvement. Anytime you can take flying away from the regionals for good (a ratio keeps it that way), and you park planes that were on the hook for at least 3 more years (315 had leases through 2015) early, that is good. The 50 seaters are a money drain. Not every city pair can make money with them. Some can (they are keeping 125 of them), most cannot. But, those same city pairs to the hubs will not be dropped, and maybe a 70 or 76 seater actually could make money on those particular 50 seat routes. They move down, and our 717s move in on current 76 seat routes. Mainline "takes them back." So, 148 fewer RJs than before, and 88 717s to fill in the gaps. That is an improvement. Also, this contract, with the almost 20% raise and these listed scope improvements, was only a 3 year contract. That is GREAT.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Well you can rationalize scope any way you need to feel better.

As long as we are on the subject of RJ's. I was reading last night that in august Pinnacle burned trough 5 mil of their 36 mil in cash. At present burn rate they will be out of cash by the end of Febuary. So get ya' popcorn ready this could be interesting.

Oh boy, here comes the agitated UAL pilot again. His problem is that he was or will be offered the same type of deal, except no 717s. He will be offered a raise, but nothing to replace RJs, and he knows it. He is pizzed, still waiting for that "agreement in principle" that I think happened a couple months ago, right? So, to sum it up, no raise yet, no plan to replace RJs, no nothing. He is the double negative himself.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Actually Admiral I'm p'od that there are more big RJ's coming. That's your fault and soon to be UAL's fault. I fear for the next concession rounds if things again go sour in our crud industry. Unlike you I learn from the past. Things like block hours/ratios and even used 717's go away fast when managment beats the scare drum. So the fact that RA and JS will have a gold plated standard that SNB's can be outsourced bothers me esp when idiots like you will line up to vote whatever ALPA says.

Actually Admiral I'm p'od that there are more big RJ's coming. That's your fault and soon to be UAL's fault. I fear for the next concession rounds if things again go sour in our crud industry. Unlike you I learn from the past. Things like block hours/ratios and even used 717's go away fast when managment beats the scare drum. So the fact that RA and JS will have a gold plated standard that SNB's can be outsourced bothers me esp when idiots like you will line up to vote whatever ALPA says.

Po'd at your airline or mine? We got a good deal, and the additional 76 seaters coming (70) will directly replace 50 seaters leaving. If the 50s are money drain, and the city pairs aren't large enough for a mainline jet, like Dothan or Valdosta, maybe a 70 seater or even a 76 could make a profit? That is up to management, but those additional 76 seaters will replace, not add to. The 717s then full in for current 76 seater routes. That is called upguaging, and that is a good plan, one your group does NOT have. Has your airline ordered any 100 seater? Anything to upguage from a 70 or 66 seater at UA Express? Anything your mainline can fly? You were demanding to fly everything over 50 seats, and how would that work again? The planes are owned by other companies, not gonna work. Figure out another plan, we did, and gained 100 seaters that pay vey well (almost your current widebody rate for our 2015 rates), and got rid of 148 RJs total. Fewer RJs, better pay, 100 seater. You need a plan. Also, the 717 leases were extended with Boeing to 2024 I believe.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Well you can rationalize scope any way you need to feel better.

As long as we are on the subject of RJ's. I was reading last night that in august Pinnacle burned trough 5 mil of their 36 mil in cash. At present burn rate they will be out of cash by the end of Febuary. So get ya' popcorn ready this could be interesting.

Truth hurts. The scope in the contract is good, and I feel great.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back