Delta Frankfurt Domicile

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SLUF4

Did Delta ever have a base there? I realize Delta took over the Pan Am hub there, but were pilots based there? I'm just curious and also wondering why the hub shut down and we packed up from there

Did Delta ever have a base there? I realize Delta took over the Pan Am hub there, but were pilots based there? I'm just curious and also wondering why the hub shut down and we packed up from there

I'm fairly new but I had a 767 Capt jumpseater on the bus last week down to FLA say he used to do that flying. It was my impression that they had 727s and A310s from the purchase from Pan Am, but they were all NYC based. I think he said they went over for up to 2 weeks at a time or less, and stayed at a hotel in FRA, but did out and back trips all over Europe. He said it was a lot of fun, and the Polish flight attendants were very cute. A lot of that operation was shut down during rough financial times in the early 90s apparently.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Apparently it was even more fun back in the day when Pan-Am's inter-european operation was based in Berlin. Lot's of wild stories from those days out there. Guys with second families, etc.

yeah when I got hired at Delta I was really hoping to hear some of these stories or some of the old L1011 stories. haven't come across that many good ones yet

Latest resources

Back