Delta Fosters Diversity... I'm gonna be sick

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
~~~^~~~ said:
That tells me Delta is not being managed for the future.

Sure it is.

Greenjeans has his future private island in the Bahamas pretty much secured.

Leo has his future 90 foot yacht parked at his beach house in Nantucket paid for.

The future looks bright indeed.................

I think the thing that alot of us miss these days is that there really is no customer loyalty anymore. Whever people get the cheapest fares, they will go....whether thats from frequent flier programs or just plain giving away the tickets online. It used to really upset me when my airline or mesaba gate agents would completely blow things... not to mention the absolutely piss poor ramp service we get in MSP... (my hate for mesaba ground service cannot be described) but now I just make do with what I have... there's only so many times you can apologize each flight.

"Diversity is a key component of what makes Delta great. We strive to enrich and empower the lives of all of our employees and customers in the hopes that they will each realize their greatest potential."

What about those employees who feel homosexuality is wrong and prefer not to have it in their face when they come to work?. I suppose they dont have a place at the table when it comes to promoting "diversity."

dixieflyer said:
"Diversity is a key component of what makes Delta great. We strive to enrich and empower the lives of all of our employees and customers in the hopes that they will each realize their greatest potential."

What about those employees who feel homosexuality is wrong and prefer not to have it in their face when they come to work?. I suppose they dont have a place at the table when it comes to promoting "diversity."

Sorry, talk to your lawmakers about that. Employers cannot discriminate on the basis of sex, ethinicity or sexual orientation because it is a law. And I suppose the above statement is a byproduct of that law too.

There are bigger problems in this world to conquer than this. Suck it up and move on people.

Mmmmmm Burritos said:
HMMMM Doesn't seem to be JUST Delta now does it? Hey guess what else I found, BUD LIGHT was sponsering the same gay pride event as Delta. Better not drink beer anymore!

Well, now I have yet ANOTHER reason to avoid BUD Light.

As a professional pilot, I am greatly dissapointed with most of the comments made on this thread. Supporting the gay and pride event is to attract potential customers gay or straight. The gay and pride events is just not for gays and lesbians, they welcome anyone who is willing to show their support. Delta and many other major airlines show their supports too. I do agree that everyone has a right to an opinion, but making a rude remarks about any race or sexual orientation doesnt belong in the airline industry and it defintley doesnt belong on this thread. So what if Delta sponsors the gay and pride events? Delta also sponsors the Atlanta Opera and other events that takes place in Atlanta and other major cities Delta flies too. Does that mean Delta should not sponsor any of this events??? I think most of you with that mentality should really keep your opinions to yourself. If you really have a problem with demographics, then you are in the wrong business. So go ahead and trash talk me all you want. At least I have dignity and pride to show my support for Delta to attract all types of customers.

captjorge74 said:
I do agree that everyone has a right to an opinion, but making a rude remarks about any race or sexual orientation doesnt belong in the airline industry and it defintley doesnt belong on this thread.
How about this...sexual orientation doesn't belong in this industry PERIOD. Why is it that people feel the need to go around flaunting their sexuality, race, or other diversities in an environment where it is completely irrelevant and inappropriate? Sexuality, regardless of whether it is straight or gay, has its place...and that place is not at work, nor is it on a commercial airliner. They abuse their rights and freedoms by forcing who they are in the faces of those of us who don't really care or want to know. The only reason they get away with it is our increasingly liberal society that points fingers and yells "discrimination" the second someone disagrees with them and because of companies who use these "diversities" as a marketing scheme to try to make money.

Last edited:
Captjorge:

Most gays would not be caught at a gay pride event any quicker than most white guys would be caught at a Klan rally. Delta is wasting money on an offensive fringe element while they are telling folks that they do business with that Delta can not pay its bills.

Which is more important:
(1) Keeping the obligations and promises you have made, or
(2) Promoting alternative lifestyles?

Where I come from a Company is expected to keep its promises.

No wonder only 8% of ASA employees trust senior management. We watch Gerald Grinstein lie about Delta's ability to fund its employees pensions while the Company pi$$es away money.

Why not promote honesty - that is a virtue I think we all can agree on.

captjorge74 said:
As a professional pilot, I am greatly dissapointed with most of the comments made on this thread. Supporting the gay and pride event is to attract potential customers gay or straight. The gay and pride events is just not for gays and lesbians, they welcome anyone who is willing to show their support. Delta and many other major airlines show their supports too. I do agree that everyone has a right to an opinion, but making a rude remarks about any race or sexual orientation doesnt belong in the airline industry and it defintley doesnt belong on this thread. So what if Delta sponsors the gay and pride events? Delta also sponsors the Atlanta Opera and other events that takes place in Atlanta and other major cities Delta flies too. Does that mean Delta should not sponsor any of this events??? I think most of you with that mentality should really keep your opinions to yourself. If you really have a problem with demographics, then you are in the wrong business. So go ahead and trash talk me all you want. At least I have dignity and pride to show my support for Delta to attract all types of customers.

2 questions:

1. Where are these rude remarks that you are referring to?

2. If I have a Moral Objection to something I know is wrong why is it I am the one with the wrong mentality? Some of us here have core beliefs and do not like our comapnies contributing to such events.

Using your logic it should be ok for major airlines to be contributing to KKK rallys. They are a demographic too, ya know.

Latest resources

Back