Delta, DFW and.... Skywest???!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Troy208

Could anyone perhaps shed some light on the following news !!!

Which Delta partner is all this flying going to?. I suspect Skywest

If so, How big is Skywest going to become? . Is much bigger equipment (ie.crj 900's) needed, or already in the cards.

Comments anyone?...please
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delta's changes at DFW include
reducing mainline frequency

Jan. 15, 2003--Delta Air Lines said it will expand its hub at Dallas/Fort Worth by adding more flights, beginning with the kickoff of its spring schedule on April 6, 2003. The expansion will include adding 56 daily Delta Connection flights by May 2003, while reducing the number of mainline flights by 24 each day.

The hub expansion includes 13.3 percent more flights overall, Delta said, plus it will add two new connecting banks during peak hours.

The Delta Connection flights will be operated with regional jet aircraft, Delta said, including some 70-seat aircraft.

The scaling back of Delta's mainline service at DFW coincides with the retirement of the carrier's Boeing 727 fleet. Included in the cities where Delta will replace mainline jet flights with more frequent flights with smaller, Delta Connection-operated jets, are Houston, New Orleans, Denver, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Salt Lake City, Utah.

"Delta is significantly increasing the number of departures to give customers more convenient connections and expanded travel options while making adjustments to match capacity to the demand in these markets," said Subodh Karnik, Delta's senior vice president of network and revenue management. "Our customers, especially business travelers, tell us that frequency of service is very important to them."

Your assumtion is incorrect about Skywest being the one.

Can you say...

ASA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we grow!

Actually in all seriousness, it is really just backfilling for Delta Mainline.

No disrespect meant for DAL furloughs.

ASA would be growing at least a little even without this situation.

Let me change that last statement, ASA would be going to new destinations.

Medeco

I have heard that SkyWest management is in discussions with its pilot's association with respect to possibly establishing a 70-130 seat aircraft payscale.

Still in the research phase though: Lots of things need to settle down with respect to scope clauses, which may or may not still exist in this Chapter 11 world we now live in...

It could be we'll see more and larger SkyWest jets east of the Mississippi in 2003.

I have a gut feeling its Skywest. They are like the "Northwest" of

the regionals.

Conservative, tight-lipped, and lots of ca$h...

I think things are happening out at Salty lakes

Of the 56 new DCI flights out if DFW, Skywest is only getting 12 of them. That is until ASA and Comair can handle all of them. That was in a memo to the pilots of Comair from our President

Does any one have any idea why Delta sold all there interest in Skywest? It says in the last statement that they took a 66 million dollar gain from the sell of there Skywesy holdings..

confused!

If this growth is about to occur, then why in the world did Pilot recruiting just tell me that they were not going to interview this year. I have had my application walked in for over 2 months now! I am confused here!

Now that there is a good chance ASA will be grabbing these additional routes, as mentioned above, will this cause them to have to push alot of the EMB 120 guys thru and then start interviewing again or will the surplus due to the phase out of the EMB guys cover these new routes?

Supposedly all the Brasila's will be gone from ASA this summer. Therefore the EMB pilots will transfer to the RJ, maybe a few to the ATR, which will cause a hiring freeze until we play catch up. That's the latest from Skip...

Of the 56 new DCI flights out if DFW, Skywest is only getting 12 of them. That is until ASA and Comair can handle all of them. That was in a memo to the pilots of Comair from our President

Lets see 12 out of 56, thats a hair over 20%...so between Comair

and ASA they absolutely cannot handle those 12 additional flights

by april 2003 ....mmmm ok.

Does any one have any idea why Delta sold all there interest in Skywest? It says in the last statement that they took a 66 million dollar gain from the sell of there Skywesy holdings..

Interesting..It could be that Skywessy prefers to be "independent" at this time.

UAL wants to emerge from Chp 11 at some point a "leaner meaner" carrier. They may have to shed some short to medium routes. Skywest may be in a good position to financially aquire some of these routes and make money.(less overheads etc).

Therefore, cutting a long story short...Why share the gravy?

People....comments please!!

TROY,
"Why share the gravy"? I don't understand. Skywest has no say in who buys or sells Skywest stock. Do you understand the market? Not attempting to be mean or rude, but unless I misunderstood you, it seems you don't.

As far as ASA routes and hiring, I certainly don't know much. What I do know is the same day they start the new service out of DFW, we are taking over 14 daily ASA flights out of ATL, two out of JFK and I think two or four out of DCA.
I must say ASA guys ,I am a little jealous. I grew up in Fort Worth and would consider leaving training to move back and fly out of DFW.

Latest resources

Back