• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta DC-9's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is the same formula as he showed me in his example. Alt need to lose*3 drop the zeros for a 3:1 and alt to lose*6 and drop the zeros for a 6:1. tailwind/icing/slowing down increase the distance, headwind decreases the distance.

Is that a fixed rate of descent or how does equate to feet/min?
I gotcha. I always used a fixed rate, 3000 fpm in the Lear. It was a good ballpark number.

So how many of you have flown the same tail number your dad flew?
Never had the opportunity for that to happen, but in my 30's I flew Dash 8 that I rode on when I was a teenager.

Speaking of neat feats...the first time I sat in the 717 I gazed in puzzled amazement at the utter complexity of the window mechanism for a good five minutes. I'm still in awe of the engineers who created that contraption.

Try installing one. Same window on the DC-8, every so often when you "R&R" one, it would be just a little off. Next time you look at it, notice all the jamb nuts and adjusters. I have rigged flight controls that were easier.

I rode a -9 down from BNA yesterday. The cockpit and fella in the left seat should both be in a museum! :laugh:

Same way with the lie flats on the 777. The first time I sat in first and the FA came over before landing and said my seat wasn't erect enough for my airbag to deploy, I about laughed her off the jet thinking she was being funny. I didn't think anything more about it until we got the lie flats on the ER several months later and watching the training videos - there sure are airbags!

Yup. We have airbags on the 777, 767 and SOME 737 bulkhead seats. There is a special extension we have to use for them. On the 777 (herringbone seats) a car seat can't be used (without exception) but on the others (FWD facing seats) they can be used, but MUST be used with an extension to deactivate the airbag.

Interesting side fact: they can only be buckled one way; you can't do the "flat metal end" upside-down.

Latest resources

Back