• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats Monster Buck. If I were you I'd look into a back up. Looks like they are just finding out about a recession. Anderson must stick his head in the sand like Bush.

I finally get it!!
I have been on these boards for years and always hated the negativity and bickering about whose better, who knows what is really going on.....and I now just figered it out. Its not just people being mean...its jealousy. Not about that someone else is at an airline that you want to be at, but they are at an airline and are HAPPY, HOPEFUL and trying to look at the bright side because they finally got to the pilot job they always wanted and are sick of the negativity and just want to be happy about it. But that is it exactly it, someone else is jealous about them being happy and it makes them feel better to say anything to bring them down. Misery loves company and jealousy rearing its ugly head, two sayings that sum up 95% of this board.

I am one that just got hired at Delta and can't wait to go to class. I pray they still keep going. Its been a long journey to get here, even if I get furloughed day one, I still will show up to class and take the recall years later. Thanks to the people that provide the other 5 percent, the info is helpful.

MB, you hit the proverbial nail on the head! One of the most accurate post's I've ever read on here. Again congrat's on getting on board, everything will work out in the end.....depsite the naysayers and doom and gloomers/sky is falling clowns on FI.

I finally get it!!
I have been on these boards for years and always hated the negativity and bickering about whose better, who knows what is really going on.....and I now just figered it out. Its not just people being mean...its jealousy. Not about that someone else is at an airline that you want to be at, but they are at an airline and are HAPPY, HOPEFUL and trying to look at the bright side because they finally got to the pilot job they always wanted and are sick of the negativity and just want to be happy about it. But that is it exactly it, someone else is jealous about them being happy and it makes them feel better to say anything to bring them down. Misery loves company and jealousy rearing its ugly head, two sayings that sum up 95% of this board.

I am one that just got hired at Delta and can't wait to go to class. I pray they still keep going. Its been a long journey to get here, even if I get furloughed day one, I still will show up to class and take the recall years later. Thanks to the people that provide the other 5 percent, the info is helpful.

Nice post. FWIW, Delta runs a leadership class for new captains after they have been on the line for 3-6 months. A class yesterday was told by RA and SD that we would probably hire 100 more this year.

If I were a new hire in one of these Delta classes I'd keep my resume updated.

That is some of the best advice I've seen here. Fortunately the new hires already have an updated resume, just add Delta and presto, all done. Updating your resume should be an annual (or more frequent) event, just like life insurance review, retirement fund review, etc. It's just good sense to have a current resume no matter what your seniority or airline.

So much for the death of the RJ at Delta. 5 pages and I haven't seen a word or retraction from all the 'experts' in here about the small reduction of DCI flying...

So much for G.L.'s prediction that there wouldn't be any jobs cut in a merger. It was seamless with "little overlap." Man...the merger hasn't even happened and the blood is already starting to flow.

So much for G.L.'s prediction that there wouldn't be any jobs cut in a merger. It was seamless with "little overlap." Man...the merger hasn't even happened and the blood is already starting to flow.

Have there been any mainline pilot cuts? Not that I know of. The only cuts you should be worried about are the paper cuts you get at your desk.

Latest resources

Back