Delta continues to Outsource

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

redflyer65

Looks like Delta might have a new CEO, but the music is still the same. Less work for Delta employees and a closer relationship with others instead of 'in-house'. The outsourcing continues..ouch.

ATLANTA - Delta Air Lines will invest $65 million in Grupo Aeromexico and get a seat on the Mexican airline's board of directors as part of a new, tentative partnership announced Wednesday.
Under the terms of the deal, Delta will receive unspecified shares in Grupo Aeromexico and gain a seat on its board of directors in exchange for its investment.
The transaction must be approved by regulators in Mexico.
The pact also calls for Delta and Aeromexico to expand their existing commercial alliance by linking each other's passenger networks.
That means that the airlines' customers will be able to have access to both companies' airport lounges and accrue and redeem flight awards, among other benefits.
In a separate deal, the two companies also agreed to invest equal shares to build a facility in Mexico that builds on existing repair work between the carriers, as well as third party airlines.

Also...

“This is a significant milestone for Delta TechOpsmaintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) business as we expand our global footprint into the Mexican and Latin American markets,” Tony said. “It will enable us to provide our customers in these regions with a maintenance facility that is nearby, provide a significant cost savings to Delta and at that same time allow us to explore further leveraging the high-quality airframe maintenance work that Aeroméxico provides Delta today.

Maintenance in a third world country? Wow. OYS. Lumberg. Care to comment. I know this is not a thread on airtran/southwest but your wisdom and insight would be helpful.
Hey "gomer". How about you? On second thought never mind. "gomer" is too busy sitting in the corner of the "O" club by himself because he is so annoying.

I guess you missed the sarcasm and irony of it. Delta boys are quick to bash us about anything but get either very defensive or very quiet when it the shoes on the other foot.
In particular those posters previously mentioned who seem almost obsessed with threads concerning any airline other than their own. It borders on pathological.

I guess you missed the sarcasm and irony of it. FI boys are quick to bash us about anything but get either very defensive or very quiet when it the shoes on the other foot.
In particular those posters previously mentioned who seem almost obsessed with threads concerning any airline other than their own. It borders on pathological.

Not that this sight is educational or factual...:erm:

OK Jackholes....

We have been outsourcing MD88 maintenance for some time now.....so nothing new here and umm Sacha....they do a better job than your boys since our roofs don't bust open in flight.....or do they draw record FAA fines for said maintenance....

Feel better Red? You sure showed me!!

Maintenance in a third world country? Wow. OYS. Lumberg. Care to comment. I know this is not a thread on airtran/southwest but your wisdom and insight would be helpful.
Hey "gomer". How about you? On second thought never mind. "gomer" is too busy sitting in the corner of the "O" club by himself because he is so annoying.

Where do your 737s go for heavy Mx? The answer: San Salvador. Go look it up on Google. The mx shop according to the article is Aeroman, and mechanics there make between $4,500 and $15,000 a year, total. Boy do you feel stupid.

OYS

Last edited:
I have been to Guadalahara(sp) twice to test fly MD88s after heavy maintenance. Their shop is top notch and both times the airplanes were nearly flawless. I had less luck with the facility in Dothan, AL.

IMO, we insource far more B757, B767 maintenance, than the MD88 maintenance that we outsource.

Thanks Sacha.....

Don't try to pull off a drive-by unless you are willing to get shot!

Latest resources

Back