• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Announcement Today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course they are coming out of ASA's fleet!!! Look around......ASA is being diluted more and more every day. Delta wants to make ASA as small a player as possible due to our labor problems. Once we are the minority player in ATL, they will have completely insulated themselves from our crap. Skywest will have shown their pilot group the perils of unionizing, and everybody is happy.....except all the contract employees at ASA. Keep watching. Less aircraft at ASA, no new 700/900's. Comair will grow, they have a concessionary contract and are wholly-owned. Mesa and CHQ will continue to grow and replace ASA in ATL. Skywest will soon have more flying and a larger ATL base. ASA will soon be irrelavant, as will our bargaining power. The longer we 'hold out' for this industry leading contract, the more impossible it will be to get one, and ASA pilots will be left holding the bag.

Has ASA been shrinking or growing? When were the last airplanes (assets) transferred? Will the pay on 900's be any different than pay on 70's? Many analysts have predicted that 50's will be replaced with larger aircraft. Delta wants 2 class service on most of their planes in the D.C. Is the sky really falling? The likelihood of you losing your job at ASA is unlikely. There is a pilot shortage. They need the lift.

But...........the 70's can go back to Comair with the swift stroke of a pen. And, while ASA may have been experiencing miniscule growth compared to Mesa/Feedumb, CHQ and Skywest, Delta will continue to dilute ASA during these looooong drawn out negotiations and JA at SKYW will continue to punish the bad ALPA boys and show his Skywest angels the perils of a union are. Just watch. And your all right....the 50 is dying and will be replaced. By Mesa, Skywest, Freedom, Pinnacle and Chatauqua's 90 seaters and EMB 170/175, and Deltas 190/195's.

I am making the assumption that our 15 yr contract with Delta states that ASA does 80% connection flying out of ATL. I haven't read the contract, but people seem to state that as fact. So unless they change the contract to SKywest Inc. etc. we still have that going for us. That has not happend yet. If SKywest and Big D were to do this so that they can transfer assets to Skywest Airlines that does seem to smack of an action by the company against the pilots here at ASA. I am sure the NMB can ignore anything they like, but that would be a hard one to ignore.

I am making the assumption that our 15 yr contract with Delta states that ASA does 80% connection flying out of ATL. I haven't read the contract, but people seem to state that as fact. So unless they change the contract to SKywest Inc. etc. we still have that going for us. That has not happend yet. If SKywest and Big D were to do this so that they can transfer assets to Skywest Airlines that does seem to smack of an action by the company against the pilots here at ASA. I am sure the NMB can ignore anything they like, but that would be a hard one to ignore.
My understanding on the 80% thing was that is already been below 80% for ASA for some time. Contracts can and do get broken or violated so it seems DL will do what they want, our performance based on our contract to DL is not being lived up to so DL appears to have had enough...

comair got 14 900's.. im the first to write it

Makes sens. Delta probably wanted 2 class RJ service out of CVG to select markets, makes sense for Comair to do the flying...unlike ATL, where Delta just enlists Mesa, Pinnacle and Skywest and leaves the high cost, greedy ASA pilots out of the mix. (sarcasm)

Article from the Cincy Enquirer

Comair gets 14 new jets
BY ALEXANDER COOLIDGE
1x1.gif

Comair is getting 14 bigger regional jets.
Parent company Delta Air Lines said today it has negotiated a deal with Canadian aircraft maker Bombardier to swap out 14 10-year-old, 50-seat CRJ-100s and upgrade them with 14 CRJ-900 regional jets with 76 seats. The new aircraft feature 12 seats in a first-class section.
While the new aircraft won’t boost the Erlanger-based airline’s fleet of 130, it will add 75 new flight attendant jobs. Pilot and support staffing levels will stay the same.
Delta executive said the upgrade wouldn’t factor into whether it ultimately sells the regional airline.
OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');
Comair officials say extra seats, plus some first-class ticket sales, will boost revenues. They are still deciding what routes will get the biggest jets, which will be delivered from August to February. The first scheduled service will be Sept. 1.
Comair president Don Bornhorst said winning the new aircraft was welcome switch from the regional airline’s struggles in bankruptcy, from which it and Delta emerged last month. Delta shrank Comair’s fleet by 44 jets during the restructuring as well as cutting 450 jobs.

“We’re very excited – we’ve had larger deliveries but this is most meaningful given the backdrop of all the changes and sacrifices we had to handle,” he said. “This would not have been possible without the restructuring.”

Delta chief operating officer Jim Whitehurst said the Atlanta carrier’s feeder network only has a handful of the latest jets currently in operation. He said the new equipment would better accommodate customers connecting at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport.

“We found especially in markets like Cincinnati customers ask for first-class upgrades,” he said, adding first-class passengers would “substantially” boost revenue.

Whitehurst said the latest move, however, shouldn’t be read as a sign Delta plans to keep Comair. He said Delta’s new board of directors is still deciding on plans for the future, including on who will replace chief executive Gerald Grinstein, who wants to retire, and whether to sell Comair.

“Comair will continue to be an important part of Delta’s regional network regardless of whether we own it,” he said.

I guess it's better than bad news but me thinks it was overhyped...net growth = ZERO

Of course they are coming out of ASA's fleet!!! Look around......ASA is being diluted more and more every day.

It sounds more like as the CR9s come online that Comair will swap out 1 for 1.

Latest resources

Back