• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta CASS progress??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you fly an A320 and not know about CASS? Do you fly outside the US?

AA

that was really helpful

I know that we're (CAL) in CASS, UAL, Horizon, AAL, American Eagle, Alaska and UPS. The others that are supposed to be added (if not already) are: NWA, Jetblue, FedEx, ATA and SWA.

Per our pilot bulletin:

"OAL travelers requesting jumpseat authorization from the captain (whether cockpit jumpseat or cabin passenger seat only) should present both the standard Continental Jumpseat Authorization form as well as the printout generated by CASS. The captain still must face/name match company I.D. and FAA airman certificate, should verify the OAL travelers passport number and expiration date (if cockpit access is approved by CASS), and retains ultimate responsibility for determining the OAL travelers eligibility to ride as a jumpseat rider by referring to the most current Reciprocal Jumpseat list (maintained on the Flight Operations web site).

Individuals authorized by CASS to occupy the cockpit jumpseat may only do so if there are no other seats available in the cabin after all revenue and non-revenue passengers have been boarded. However, please note that at this time OAL travelers are not allowed to occupy the cockpit jumpseat on any international flight: we will continue to follow the current process of awarding an open cabin seat if available."

pilotyip said:
that was really helpful

Pilotyip,

When I see a a very new member asking questions about safety sensitive issues (cockpit access and how one goes about is safety sensitive in my book)I get a little concerned. I would think any pilot flying a commercial jetliner in the US would know about CASS and jumpseating. That fact that this individual wants to know about and how it works seems a little odd.

Considering anyone can come into this forum and present an image or position which may not be accurate in an effort to gain information that is not readily available is a concern.

There is probably nothing to this post, however it seemed odd, and we all have been slowly letting our defenses down since 911, so forgive me for not sounding helpful.

AA

Your response didn't really answer his/her question either.

First to AAflyer, I have been flying for as long as you, and have been working for bottom feeder companys for a very long time, I don't appreciate your remarks, I just just needed some info, and yes I am a new hire with a major" profitable airline". Thank you calfo for your help, you are a gentleman and a pro. Ps AAflyrer no offence taken I understand your concern. Why can't we all be friends!!

BlueMoon,

I did not mean to offend, and somtimes typing on a keyboard does not convey the tone we intend. It just seemed odd, I haven't been at the bottom feeders in a while, and I had forgotten how out the loop you can be at those companies. Please accept my apology.

I think some of the conversations we have as pilots on these boards lets out a little more information than some need to know.

Thanks for your understanding.

AA

AAflyer, No problem my friend I understand your concern and thanks again for your help. You will always be wecomed a board JB/B6.

Latest resources

Back