• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta all but cancels 787 deliveries

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would have liked to see the look on their faces when they pulled into KTN and saw a broken Q-400 there after doing RNP testing in the SE. Something is happening and I think we might know by years end.

Baja.

BM said the other day that was a rumor and never happened. Don't know if it was there or not that's just what he said. Ofcourse they all say they didn't give tinker bell a reduction but we all know that's bs. But I agree with you a 100%.

The 787 is a piece of crap. It is a direct example/result of what happens when we let bean counters run companies. Nothing more than a warmed over 757/767. Bill Boeing, Eddie Allen and Tex Johnston should be rolling over in their graves.

Wow, that's actually kind of cool. You don't know anything about the 787, at all, really! But you still have an opinion.

Sounds like they may be getting "leaner" for the time being, which leads me to believe they may be saving up for something soon.....maybe an aquisition? With that large profit for the quarter, and then also paying down some of their debt, they obviously have a plan. Maybe the General will be flying into Sitka sooner than later!

Ya think. They are making a war chest.

The 787 is a piece of crap. It is a direct example/result of what happens when we let bean counters run companies. Nothing more than a warmed over 757/767. Bill Boeing, Eddie Allen and Tex Johnston should be rolling over in their graves.

A warmed over 757, 767...so since you seem to know so much about this airplane..what about it is such a piece of crap?? I've been on it and I can assure you there is nothing 757/ 767esque about it.

It is an awesome jet, a little over weight, and not worth the acquisition costs when you put winglets on a 767.

Now the 787-900, that is the airplane I want DAL to get.

The 787 is a piece of crap. It is a direct example/result of what happens when we let bean counters run companies.

I agree and disagree with this statement. I think the 787 is an excellent design. Where the program fell apart was in too much outsourcing, which was absolutely driven by the bean counters. Sounds good on paper. Had this airplane been built almost entirely in Seattle, I suspect it would be on schedule and already in the hands of the airlines.

Says the man who flies an Embraer-190......

The 787 will end up being a huge success in 5 years. The first series(787-800) will lighten up beginning with hull # 35 or so. I think UAL is only going to receive around 12 of these and the majority of our order is for the 787-900 which will fly alongside our 777-200ER's with similar capacity and range.

Good luck competing with SWA if you're paying $100M/mo in interest on your 10B debt.

ummm really?....SWA has been around for a long time now...DL has competed and is competing with them in a number of markets already. (SLC, DTW, MSP, LAX, SEA, etc.......) they coexist very nicely servicing different niche markets.

i doubt that SWA will be pushing DL out of ATL anytime in the near future

Latest resources

Back