• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta 717 problems?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
F'ing hilarious General. You just described yourself!

I could careless about doing your type of flying. Is that defensive? I don't think so, but you get spooled up immediately when someone disagrees with you. I don't call what you do debating. I call it slinging poo against the wall in an attempt to see what sticks. Most see through your insistent BS...and leave. It's not debating.

The definition of debating is lost on you when people bring in the facts that don't fit your agenda (for which you will ignore completely). What do you do? Head right for SW type rating, Lubbock, Corndog, etc. It's the same old shtick year in and year out. You bring nothing new.

You don't slam? Again, hilarious.

No Red, you guys literally melted down when someone DIDN'T want to do what you HAD..... Your high pay and THEN great relationship with management was enviable to many, but not everyone. I plainly stated your productive trips with multiple leg days and quick turns are NOT for everyone, which caused a lot of disbelief from Cornies.

Since that initial disagreement a few years ago that set off this back and forth, your merger SLI has painted a bad picture of your group, and now the Babbitt stuff shows that prior relationship you used to have may not happen in the future with your bosses. That is not disputable. Management should have stayed out of SLIs, or disloyalty follows.

So, take the jabs anyway you want, nicknames aren't malicious. And LBB and MAF type layovers are a difference between the companies, just like Lagos, Nigeria is. Some people avoid it due to seniority, some people love that one due to it being high time and 4 pilots with lie flat crew bunks. But you get highly defensive because you lack variety, you can't get away from 737s and multiple leg days. That's you getting upset, not me. The legacies actually have variety, and that is a fact. Who SHOULD care about that? Prospective newhires or people wanting to know differences. Highly doubtful you will change, unless your UAL app does get looked at.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Another weekend, another 78 posts. Wife must be so proud of you. Think about it.

And yet you still haven't added anything of substance. Think about it. You also want me to stop doing something I enjoy, which is sad. My wife is plenty happy though, she's married to a genius.

Bye Bye---General Lee

My wife is plenty happy though, she's married to a genius.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Your "wife" is a well abused blow up doll. Sorry not buying any of your dribble.

Your "wife" is a well abused blow up doll. Sorry not buying any of your dribble.

You don't have to, I really don't care if you do. I'm guessing you are a 4 foot 10 inch Napolean wannabe who can't get a date even though you brag about being a Brasilia FO based in SFO. I'm probably correct, again.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No Red, you guys literally melted down when someone DIDN'T want to do what you HAD..... Your high pay and THEN great relationship with management was enviable to many, but not everyone. I plainly stated your productive trips with multiple leg days and quick turns are NOT for everyone, which caused a lot of disbelief from Cornies. And the same is true about your trips. I couldn't stand to do them. I melt down when you say you wouldn't want to fly our stuff? I could really careless. If you are happy with your gig, then that's great Jenny. Same on this side.

Oh and on a side note...you continue to be flat out WRONG about the kind of flying we do. You've been proven wrong time and time again. I do 3-4 legs a day, sometimes just 2. Short turns, ultra efficient. No sitting around the hub for two hours every time. Am I defensive? No just calling your portrayal of our flying as complete BS. The reality doesn't fit your mantra, so you want to disregard the truth, yet again.

Since that initial disagreement a few years ago that set off this back and forth, your merger SLI has painted a bad picture of your group, and now the Babbitt stuff shows that prior relationship you used to have may not happen in the future with your bosses. That is not disputable. Management should have stayed out of SLIs, or disloyalty follows. I understand that point of view and see where you are coming from. You can direct that at Gary Kelly. It was his decision. Not ALPA's, not even SWAPA's. It's done and over, no matter how much muck racking you try to still accomplish (ie, slinging poo).

So, take the jabs anyway you want, nicknames aren't malicious. And LBB and MAF type layovers are a difference between the companies, just like Lagos, Nigeria is. Some people avoid it due to seniority, some people love that one due to it being high time and 4 pilots with lie flat crew bunks. But you get highly defensive because you lack variety, you can't get away from 737s and multiple leg days. That's you getting upset, not me. The legacies actually have variety, and that is a fact. Who SHOULD care about that? Prospective newhires or people wanting to know differences. Highly doubtful you will change, unless your UAL app does get looked at. I'm pretty sure educated pilots that have 2000+ hours of turbine PC (civilian), or Military time (and squadron buddies) know the difference, so you argument here is just as weak as the rest. And again, I'm not defensive at all about our flying. Works great for me and plenty of others. Would dream of changing it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

My responses in Red.

Again, you bring up absolutely nothing new. Time after time.

My responses in Red.

Again, you bring up absolutely nothing new. Time after time.

Red,

You seem to not understand a basic point. There are MANY different types of trips at DL, not just 12 day INTL trips. They go from one day turns to 12 day trips, domestic trips and INTL trips. Many types of planes to choose from. It's called BETTER variety, and you can't debate that, which is why you get upset. Your trips are built in a productive manner, which can be good and bad. Good so you can get a bunch of hours stuffed into a 2, 3, or 4 day trip. Bad because after about 10 years, more legs per day is bad. The older you get, the fewer legs anyone who is sane wants to fly. Your options in plane type, destination location, and trip length are limited, and prospective interviewees need to know this.

This may be nothing new, but it's a public service announcement that needs to be viewed. I'm glad you enjoy your job, but don't get upset please if I point out correct differences.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Red,

You seem to not understand a basic point. There are MANY different types of trips at DL, not just 12 day INTL trips. They go from one day turns to 12 day trips, domestic trips and INTL trips. Many types of planes to choose from. It's called BETTER variety, and you can't debate that, which is why you get upset. Your trips are built in a productive manner, which can be good and bad. Good so you can get a bunch of hours stuffed into a 2, 3, or 4 day trip. Bad because after about 10 years, more legs per day is bad. The older you get, the fewer legs anyone who is sane wants to fly. Your options in plane type, destination location, and trip length are limited, and prospective interviewees need to know this.

This may be nothing new, but it's a public service announcement that needs to be viewed. I'm glad you enjoy your job, but don't get upset please if I point out correct differences.

Bye Bye---General Lee
You cannot even begin to coherently argue that someone, as they get older, flies better with only one leg a day. Or, that someone is sane for wanting less. Flying is what we do. Watching a computer across the pond for twenty years is not flying, that is insanity defined.

You cannot even begin to coherently argue that someone, as they get older, flies better with only one leg a day. Or, that someone is sane for wanting less. Flying is what we do. Watching a computer across the pond for twenty years is not flying, that is insanity defined.

Huh? Flies BETTER??? Never said that. When you get older you want to fly LESS. Fewer legs. That is NOT in your airline's nature. Productive trips means lots of legs for you guys, and that sux as you get older. Four or five leg days just don't sound as "fun" the older one becomes, unless you are insane.

And "watching" a computer across a pond includes a nice rest break, a meal, and atleast a 24 hour layover at rates more than your plane per hour on the Widebody.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back