Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HMR

I Live by the River.
Anyone ever use Jet Stream's "PBS Boot Prep and Sealant"? Do you like it? Are there other brands you'd recommend? Any tips for applying it? Caloric value if used in a mixed drink...?

Thanks!
HMR

That depends on the boot. If you're using BF Goodrich products, you should be using their care products, too. Especially if your boots are under warranty.

Thanks. The BFG stuff looks good. I did some calling around and everyone I talked with (including our mx) is using the PBS prep and sealant.

Anyone have experience w/BFG's "ICEX II"? It's labeled as an "ice adhesion inhibitor". I was wondering if this would be worthwhile to put on a C340?

PBS works well if you use some terry cloths that you can pick up at any auto parts store. You can apply the cleaner to the boots with a cloth and then dry the cleaner off and then apply the sealant with a third cloth about two coats should give you a nice shine. The cloths will turn hard as the sealant will be much like a candy coating. You can clean the boots at the end of the flight with a rubber cleaner/damp cloth. The PBS application shouldn't need to be done to often just depends how much weather you fly in.... when you pop the boots you'll need to re-PBS the boots. Just my 2 cents from an ex-Cessna 421C driver. Good luck!

STINER

Icex works OK, it only lasts for a few flights in precip, then you need to re-apply more. It's not a magic potion, but it seemed like it helps keep ice from sticking on prop pads and inflatable boots. Not cheap, I think it's like $150/quart!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back