• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DC-3 Type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Check Academy Airlines down in Griffin, GA. I know they have a few DC-3's that they run. They also have type-ratings and intro flights.

--03M

Wait..........

It may be at Tara Field in Hampton, GA . I can't remember....

Tara Field - 4A7
Griffin- 6A2

Good Luck,

--03M

CRG

Isn't there a Christian charity that has one at Jacksonville Craig that also offers training? And it seems there is an operation in South Texas that does the same.

Humble

Yep, fly them now, and am I ever glad summer is coming! They are drafty. the windshields leak, and the cockpit is always cold in the wintertime. However, it's the most fun I've ever had in a plane, and it always draws a crowd on the ramp. You should see the ramp guys drool when they ask "how much fuel is it gonna take", and I reply "around 650-700 gallons" . It holds 800.

BTW, Bob McSwiggan at Academy/4A7 is still an Examiner on the DC3, but he's not hauling freight in them anymore. In fact, he just sold his last one a few months ago. I believe it's available for training, but I don't know the details. You can call information and ask for Academy Airlines in Griffin, GA. His son still operates some stuff from 6A2, and uses Academy's phone listings. He'll hook you up with Bob.

Latest resources

Back