dc-3 type ratings

cheater1239

Total Time
dream flight in corona is one, does anyone know of any others?

bobbysamd

Total Time
DC-3 Types

Some outfit in Daytona Beach, Florida used to do DC-3 types. Sorry, I don't recall the name.

Have fun - the "3" was an airplane I always wanted to fly. :) :(

wildbill

Total Time
Academy Airlines has a DC-3 which they give type ratings. The airplane is based I believe at Tara Field, Hampton, Georgia.
Bob McSwiggin is the DE for the aircraft The airplane they have is a dream to fly. Leaks 50w oil just like it is supposed to while you preflight. All over your clothes and head.
Give them a call.
Have fun....

ShawnC

Skirts Will Rise
Total Time
-5Z
Re: DC-3 Types

bobbysamd said:
Some outfit in Daytona Beach, Florida used to do DC-3 types. Sorry, I don't recall the name.

Have fun - the "3" was an airplane I always wanted to fly. :) :(
Mc Flyers had theirs for sale but it looks like they are going to offer it up for rental so I can imagine that you can get the type rating in it.

LR25

Its just a vintage VW
Total Time
Academy Airlines does the DC-3 types.

They are in Griffin, Ga. south of Atlanta. The airplanes are in Thomaston,Ga.

LR25

wildbill

Total Time
The airplanes used to be in Thomaston,but were moved back to Tara field when the freight business closed. I believe Bob is running the school. I wish they were back on our field.

BigDave

Total Time
I got my DC-3 type from Dream Flight in Corona CA. John Pappas is the instructor and owner of the DC-3. It takes about a week of training and then the type check ride. John does a great job and his airplane is well taken care of. You can call him directly at (949)472-9612, or via e-mail at info@vintageflight.com.
John is one of the better active DC-3 pilots around, and probably the best person to get the training from.