David Clark X11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
currently have them and use them.

Don't buy 'em. Sunglasses destroy the noise canceling and the noise canceling is sub-par to begin with. The headset itself is very comfortable, but DC needs to go back to the drawing board with its ANR tech. If you google for reviews you'll find a bunch of people saying the same thing.

currently have them and use them.

Don't buy 'em. Sunglasses destroy the noise canceling and the noise canceling is sub-par to begin with. The headset itself is very comfortable, but DC needs to go back to the drawing board with its ANR tech. If you google for reviews you'll find a bunch of people saying the same thing.

True about the sunglasses. I would imagine that is how any ANR would be, would it not?

Hands down the worst headset I have ever worn...and I have worn a lot of them around the flightschool here!

ANR, ENC, Sound Reduction....thse are words that should NOT be used in the same paragraph with this headset! This thing has NO passive reduction and the ANR is a complete joke. GO turn on your radio then turn the volume up halfway, okay, then turn the knob about .5 mm down... thats the kind of ANR I'm talking about. Oh and it eats through batts like a homeless nympho with a vibrator!

The sound quality sucks a$$! I cant communicate with students in the Gutless and in almost any other airplane ATC is reduced to a whisper. The IPOD connection sounds like doctor's office music turned down LOW and the quality is about on par with a cell phone ringtone. Dont try to use the cell phone adapter....you wont be able to hear who is on the other line and they wont be able to hear you. The reason, the mic sucks...

This thing should cost around 300-400 tops.. To ask for 800 is just a joke!

Before you all flame me I had to hold on to this thing for two weeks of flying. One week of normal CFI-ing and one week of NIFA competition! I racked up around 45 hours with this thing and I feel that my hearing has suffered. My $140 Telex E100s are FAR better than this POS!

...so glad this thing is on its way back....

I'll agree with the masses and say they are horrible. If you're looking for a good headset I'd suggest the Lightspeed Zulu. It rocks and those guys did there homework in regards to fix the problems the DC's and the Bose had/have...

Wow, I never had any of the problems that the above posters had. I refuse to wear a lightspeed, I dont want to wear a football on each ear...

We got a pair at the FBO I was working the last week I was there, and I figured that warranted a trial run since I wouldn't have to be around to explain to the future owner why they were covered in my sweat and funk.

They felt really plasticy...er cheap... they didn't fit my noggin very well, and the sound quality wasn't there. DC's are usually pretty damn good, and I was disappointed. They are however lighter than the Bose by an half an ounce or something to that effect, but you can't tell by wearing them

Speaking of Bose... that's the way to go brutha.. Plus they have that no-interest financing, about a c-note down and 80 bucks a month till you pay it off... so you don't max out your credit card and it's do-able on instructor/first officer pay

Latest resources

Back