• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Should have been a Cardiologist-

Doc - 23 years of age too old?!

3 5 0
<must be the "other" beach house-lol

Its never to late, I had a guy in my class that was 45 and was just starting his residency. The student loans are the killer. Osteopathic, Allopathic and Chiropractic medicine is unlike being a professional pilot, there is no mandatory retirement age and you can make your own hours once you start private practice. Remember, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence too.

Fly Safe!

- I get to fly with many Doc's and it is probably one of my favorite aspects of flight instructing (actually I only do private instruction do to my 135 flying)- It is always very interesting to hear the stories from the E.R as well as O.R- always quite entertaining-

3 5 0

I thought their was no "mandatory" retirement age for Cardiology or Neurology surgeons.??

There IS no mandatory retirement requirement age unlike professional flying. That is what I saiud in the last post I thought.

So if your only 23 and your dedicated, go for it!

Huh- Huh!... Way too much time invested in aviation to switch now plus I enjoy it too much-

Osteopathic, Allopathic and Chiropractic medicine is unlike being a professional pilot, there is no mandatory retirement age

At first reading it sounded as if you were "exclusively" making these three areas of specialty a target regarding "no mandatory" retirement age hence my question-IF in "general" wouldn't have been any doubts or questions..

3 5 0

I see now, all three disciplines I listed are licensed physcians with sub-specialties that would include cardiology, neurology, orthopaedics ect....

Well I wish you good luck and a safe, rewarding career with whatever you choose.

Now get off the computer and get laid!

"Don't take this the wrong way guys ... but at least 70% of the commercial pilots and instructors I know couldn't get laid streaking thru downtown Tijuana with a hundred dollar bill in their mouth. "

You're quite right. Next time though, I'm going to try it with a hundred one dollar bills; much more impressive that way (probably causes lockjaw). Maybe also a strap on pocket with a bunch of change in it, just for effect.

Not only wouldn't the hundred dollar bill work for me, I couldn't even get robbed in Tijuana, in the same condition. Loser, dork pilot. Go figure.

Snakum,

You are one funny dude!! I had tears in my eyes when I read your post.. You think aviation in general is bad, you ought to come on over to Korea, or any other overseas assignment and you'll see it real bad. We call it "queen for a year syndrome". You can have a female that wouldn't turn a death row inmates head stateside, but gets all the attention of a beauty queen over here.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back