dashs are not that slow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
s%*TBOX

i DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF LEAR YOU ARE TALKIN ABOUT... IF A DASH CAN GET 10,000FPM OFF THE RUNWAY AND 2500FPM IN THE THIRTIES I'LL EAT MY SHOE...

The Beech would smoke the Dash between DRO & PHX so bad we nicknamed it the big Cessna. Isn't the Dash-8 the only airplane you can get a birdstrike in from behind?

I certainly dig being being able to stand up in the cabin of the dash, but why did they make the main cabin door so low? Every time I ride in the back of Horizon I whack my head exactly two times: going in and going out.

At least in the Brasilia you only have to worry about going in the flight deck door, especially with the new ones.

I gotta admit whenever we roll into RDD and see Horizon's Q400 monster on the ramp a bit of drool rolls down my chin: Mmmmm, six blades and a cowling as big as a Volkswagon...

aldonite7667,

while the Lear is going down the runway at 210 kts pitching for alt., the dash left the runway in about 15% of what the Lear did, when you cross the other end of the runway your pretty high, if you let it climb, and its a 200, and if you are light.

Obviously the Lear is going to outclimb it, but the Lear hast to get off the runway first.

Would you like a napkin?

All I have to say is the 328 Turbo-prop is the best. We used to call all the other turboprops "speed bumps". Room in cabin and cockpit. Climbs like a homesick angel, trues out at 320kts, Honeywell primus 2000 glass, what more can I say? Almost never weight restricted. It did take a few hits in 32C temps in Durango (6000ft). I remember taking 31 instead of 32 out that day.

Summer of 2000, A Do-328 takesoff out of 35 in PHL at the same time a U F100 takesoff from 27L in PHL, both are going west bound. We go off of 35 in a Dash after the 328 and head to Modena VOR (we were going to MDT or IAD can't remember).

Controller tells the 328 to slow to put the F100 infront, both are on the same routing.

A few minutes later the controller says for PSA to some more because to F100 isn't overtaking the 328.

A few more minutes pass and the controller comes back and says PSA max fwd. speed your going first.

In a southern Old Piedmont/US Air voice over the freq. you here, "thats one fast turboprop", from the F100. Without skipping a beat the 328 comes back with, "No thats just one slow jet".

The 328 is a great machine that climbs well and is very fast. 320-340 knots true easy straight and level.

However, if you can't carry everyone's stuff to their destination like the Dash can on hot summer days, I'd settle for the extra 10 to 15 minute. Go Dash's

Enough Said.

GOOOOOOOOOO Dash

Latest resources

Back