• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dangerous Capt.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have you considered maybe martial arts and lifting weights. Also, intimidating stares and body language can be intimidating. A lot of times when I fly with a known difficult Capt, during the first lef of the trip I will finish a checklist with a tough stare so he knows I mean business and not going to take anything. Tone of voice can also let him know who is the tougher dude.

InstructorDude, you can't be for real, dude. You're too funny....

Quit being a whiny bitch boy and either stand up for yourself or quit the profession.

80for80

You give the typical childish response that we find on flightinfo.com you can't stand the fact that this guy has a problem so you attack him! Low class all the way!

As far as the question goes,you have some good suggestions here. If you do not have the Prof Standards board then by all means go to the CP! You might also ask the other FOs to do the same thing! If one pilot comes in and complains your Chief Pilot may thionk it was just a personality conflict. If multiple pilots come in and complain then he will more likely act. Also, you and your coworkers need to report this guy everytime he does something dangerous. Get that history of complaints started. I had this exact same situation happen to me! Keep this in mind! You are in NO WAY expected to be physically or verbaly abused! Just walk out and tell your CP that you want to fly but will not fly with this person again! Good luck with getting this guy out the door.

And as other have said, document, document, document. Dates, flight numbers, city pairs, name of FA, everything.

Shy guy, since you have no pro standards, go directly to old man Colgan and tell him about this guy and show him the marks he left from hitting you. That should be enough proof for old man Colgan to take action.

Looks like the Rhoid has outted the company where you work, hell it was probably one of his buddies from the bath house. Come on Guat, tell your partner to lighten up on the poor kid!

Nice work, Ace Ventura. The point wasn't to get people with too much time on their hands to figure out where I work, where I'm based, who I am, who he is, or any other information. A lot of people know who I am on here, they know where I work, and about other very personal information on me (as El Cid so gallantly proved). That's not the point. I wanted people to focus on the issue at hand and keep this thread off the radar of management (who keep up-to-date on company posts by searching for their company name using the search feature). By keeping the company name off the message board, I could have the (mostly) intelligent discussion I've had with the (mostly) good people of FI. Next time, keep all that useful information to yourself, or finish the job (I know you can do it) and give everyone the WHOLE picture:

--ShyFlyGuy's Info--
Name: (I've used it in a previous post)
Address: (Google me, it's in there somewhere)
Phone: (Keep Googling)
Company: (I know you know this one, but is there more?)
Age: (You might have to look a little harder for this, but don't give up now.)
Personal Info: (Talk to El Cid, he'll give you all the dirt.)

Ya gotta know who your're dealing with here- 80for80, the Rhoid, the Guat, Lucy-Furr and a whole host of other banned user names I forgot. Just remember if some arrogant pr1ck UPS dude comes begging for a jumpseat, it could be yer old buddy 80for80.

Last edited:
You ever hear of the CVR circuit breaker ? Get him/her fired up...have them hit you again...because you obviously can't defend yourself....state whats occurring...then pull the breaker and save the data. Call someone other than your "Mom" who has authority and get them all in the "LOOP"...

Do us all a favor and make sure this guy never makes it any further up the food chain. He should be selling aluminum siding out of the back of his pick-up truck. M80drvr is right on, except he would already be in the hosiptal if he were my captain. Of course he would have never pulled that sh*t on me anyway. I would have put the fear of GOD in him! Good luck and NEVER EVER put up with a Captain who is unprofessional and unsafe!

Latest resources

Back