DAL Pilot's Last Flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Freebrd

Thought I've seen and heard just about everything, but this one takes the cake. We were taxing in on 'L' at ATL and told to hold short of ramp 2. We complied, and after a minute I asked ground why were we holding. He stated a DAL 737 had a medical emergency and was landing on 27R. OK, fine with that.

The 73 lands on 27r (hard I might add), and brakes hard to turn off for Ramp 5. Wow, must be a heart attack or something. Ground tells us to taxi to the ramp. As we begin to turn in to our ramp, we notice 2 fire trucks on either side of the entrance to Ramp 5, and shoot off as the 73 taxis in!

My FO calls ground, and the controller states, "I know what you're going to ask, and we're not real happy about it".

What happened you ask? This crew declared a medical emergency, apparently for priority handling and to land on 27R. They did not have a medical emergency.....it was all for the Capt's last flight.

Unreal!

That's a good way to go out. :rolleyes: I bet the FO will love doing the carpet dance for the CP and FAA when the get involved.

see, i always planned to do a max-thrust GA from below 50' and as the FO configures, look over and say "last cycle my a$$!"

Why get it over sooner? Oh well, from the people who brought you RJs at C-scale rates...

Everything about your post smells of flamebait or BS. Obviously the Fire trucks new what was going on if they watered down the aircraft.

It's hard to imagine a DAL pilot that was in a hurry to retire. Maybe he just had a tight connect for his last commute home.

I am not trying to trash DAL here. This happened today, around12:25 local. The controller appeared to be PO'd, and why would he hold us short of a ramp for a DAL pilot's last flight?

Not flamebaiting or knocking DAL, really I'm not. I have too many friends a DAL and don't make up crap baout DAL.

Latest resources

Back