DAL or RBD ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cvsfly

Planning a flight in a month to Dallas. Pax/boss are going to the Convention Center. Couple of overnights. DAL or RBD - which is better for a turbo-prop (B200) arrival and stay. Looks like Regal would be the choice at DAL and Jet Center of Dallas at RBD if AirNav.com posted price of $1.89 is accurate. MapQuest.com shows DAL(Regal) just 2 miles shorter to the Convention Center than RBD (Jet Center). What traffic congestion can be expected in air and ground DAL vs RBD? Coming from due east - most likely to DAL via UIM.DUMPY2 or to RBD via GGG.DODJE3? Long list of arrivals and applicability. Leaning towards RBD due to fuel savings - any comments?

ummm...

my experience is that its always better to go with the place that is most convenient to the pax ultimate destination. Thats why he/she bought an airplane.

save gas money?? sure....but just get the best deal at the most convenient airport - thats all you can do...

arrivals? delays? - a month before may be a little early to predict weather, arrivals, and delays I would say..

but nothing better than being prepared!!!

:eek:

:eek:

Go to Regal DAL, they'll take good care of you. We did the trip a year and a half ago in the King Air and it worked out well for us. Regal also has no ramp or parking fees which will help make up for any difference in fuel. I'd call places rather than trusting airnav's fuel price. DAL is probably the best spot for you to go and Regal's got a nice facility.

R

I agree. Business Jet Center at DAL is the best. Fuel might be a bit more expensive, but the boss will appreciate the excellent customer service, and facility.

I worked at Business Jet Center DAL for a year and a half and they are hands down the best FBO at Love Field. The facilities far exceed those of regal. Do yourself and your pax a favor.

We go into DAL a few times a month. I've had the opportunity to use all of the FBO's in past years. I'd have to rate Business Jet Center as the best. If you need it, they'll take care of it, no questions. Going to the Convention Center you want to go to DAL. Plenty of good eats in Dallas.

They are right, Business Jet Center in DAL is the best. But... I do love Redbird (Dallas Executive). Go to Cutter at RBD. They have a great group of people there that will try their hardest to give you the best service. The last time George Bush came to town, he took a helicopter from DAL to RBD, and he chose the best and most proffesional FBO on the field - Cutter. The airport is almost closer to downtown than DAL, and it is NOT busy at all. Every approach that you need, land and takeoff whenever YOU want, and there is a great airport restaurant. The area of town could be nicer, so get a hotel closer to downtown.

Just to let you know, Addison (ADS) is also a great choice for Corporate services. Million Air over at ADS is very good. Cheney actually flew in there in 2002? when he threw out the first pitch at a Rangers Game. But again, it's gotta be convenient for the ones paying the bills. But it's also fairly close to downtown Dallas. Just my $.02.

I had a real good experience with Cutter Redbird the other day. Nice folks!

Latest resources

Back