• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL/NWA and RMS Titanic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On April 14, 1974, I asked Phyllis Veenstra to the Senior Prom. She said "yes" and I ended up shagging her rotten!

Happy Merger Day!

I hope you picked one with better hygiene next time :)

In your mind, Rainman.

By the way, how many ASA pilots did you fly with last month?

Yeah, good one. I know that it will surprise you, but here we actually have guys with diverse backgrounds. It is a good ice breaker to talk about where people came from and what their background is. Spawns more conversation and such. Much more interesting than when you are sitting in a Comair cockpit and the senior captain just sits there and stares straight ahead. Kind of makes you feel sorry for the poor f/o/ maybe that's why we have been hiring some of the f/os and none of the captains. Or perhaps you have an alternative theory behind that. Either way, you have been, currently are, and always will be wrong ,and unarmed in an intellectual battle.

Edit: Forgot to answer your question. I've been off for the past month on vacation. So the answer is "0".

Merger of DAL and NWA on the anniversary of RMS Titanic sinking.

Hit the berg on the April14th and sank on the 15th.

Merger announced on the 14th press conference on the 15th

Could've picked a better day.

Also..

Ray Kroc opens his first franchise of McDonald's restaurant in Des Plaines, Illinois.

An Air China Boeing 767-200, flight CA129 crashes into a hillside during heavy rain and fog near Busan, South Korea, killing 128.

Fire sweeps through a campsite of Muslims making the Hajj pilgrimage; the official death toll is 343.

So are you saying a DAL or NWA plane will crash because the Capt is dying of a cholesterol induced heart attack and he will plow into a Mosque too?

On April 14, 1974, I asked Phyllis Veenstra to the Senior Prom. She said "yes" and I ended up shagging her rotten!

Happy Merger Day!

U r showing your age! :)

Prom in 1974? That was BEFORE disco. Did yall rock out to The Beatles and Zeppelin?

Yeah, good one. I know that it will surprise you, but here we actually have guys with diverse backgrounds. It is a good ice breaker to talk about where people came from and what their background is. Spawns more conversation and such. Much more interesting than when you are sitting in a Comair cockpit and the senior captain just sits there and stares straight ahead. Kind of makes you feel sorry for the poor f/o/ maybe that's why we have been hiring some of the f/os and none of the captains. Or perhaps you have an alternative theory behind that. Either way, you have been, currently are, and always will be wrong ,and unarmed in an intellectual battle.

Edit: Forgot to answer your question. I've been off for the past month on vacation. So the answer is "0".

Good lord Poindexter - still smarting from that exchange, eh?

U r showing your age! :)

Prom in 1974? That was BEFORE disco. Did yall rock out to The Beatles and Zeppelin?

Ha! I wore a maroon tux, with ruffles! (My daughters taunt me ruthlessly with the pix from that prom)

Songs I remember during the dance:

"China Grove" (because Phyllis jiggled "abundantly")

"Just My Imagination" (much groping and mutual pelvis-grinding during that one!)

Song I remember (ahem) later:

"Miracles" (Jefferson Airplane's "Red Octopus" album was on the 8-track. "Miracles" featured the nastiest lyrics allowed on AM radio at the time)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back