• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Da Tranny to STL!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's Farmingdale, Long Island. I grew up around there.

Farmington is in New Mexico.
*snicker* that's what happens when I get to typing too fast.

Funny thing is, I was based there flying Lears for a year back in 2000, I should know better. :oops: ;)

HPN sucks.

I love being the first to call for taxi then being told to pull into the runup pad on a clear day with no flow control to PHL or CLT so a couple Gulfstreams, a King Air, and a whole gaggle of Netjets airplanes can depart before us.

RJs don't even get priority over Cessnas and Cirruses there...

You're right, HPN does suck...

But what makes you think you should depart before everyone else in your mighty CRJ? Just because you're the first to call for taxi doesn't mean crap. There are other variables at play which determine who gets to go first.

You're right, HPN does suck...

But what makes you think you should depart before everyone else in your mighty CRJ? Just because you're the first to call for taxi doesn't mean crap. There are other variables at play which determine who gets to go first.
It took you 2 months to come up with that?

What makes you think you should depart before everyone else in your mighty Citation?

might King Air?

mighty Cirrus?

The point he was making was that if two comparable aircraft in terms of speed and destination are leaving at the same time, they show preference to the corporate aircraft, regardless of who called first.

It SHOULD be first called, first served, if speed, climb capability, and destination region (departure vector) are the same.

I see Citrus is going Orlando-San Diego non-stop, too. When in STL, try to get some Ted Drewes frozen custard in the city. Best you'll ever have!

Having grown up in STL, it sure is eerie to go into Lambert and see all those empty gates on C and D concourses. What a wast it was to build the new runway!

There are other variables at play which determine who gets to go first.

Yes, like favoritism for the locals over the airlines that operate in there.

In the situation I described (that happened to me), airplanes were departing over the same departure fix on a clear day with no flow at ZNY or into CLT. We got to sit in the block of 34 and watch a bunch of airplanes that called for taxi after us depart before us from the Netjets hangar, Avitat, and Landmark.

Given that situation, and comparable aircraft performance, why shouldn't the aircraft that calls ready first depart first?

Because everyone is equal....but some are more equal than others ;)

The biggest problem STL has attracting a new carrier is that there is very little originating traffic in STL. A very high percentage of the passengers are only connecting. If AA was not mini-hubbing STL, there wouldn't be enough to support their operation. I'm assuming this is why JB didn't jump on it, and Southwest rejected a proposal for expansion.

Yes, like favoritism for the locals over the airlines that operate in there.

In the situation I described (that happened to me), airplanes were departing over the same departure fix on a clear day with no flow at ZNY or into CLT. We got to sit in the block of 34 and watch a bunch of airplanes that called for taxi after us depart before us from the Netjets hangar, Avitat, and Landmark.

Given that situation, and comparable aircraft performance, why shouldn't the aircraft that calls ready first depart first?

Godforbid that us Netjets guys takeoff before the airlines in our little cessnas. We should all just bow down to you big airline guys and move out of the way so the real pilots can takeoff.

That's not what I said at all, Allen1.

I said when airplanes are departing over the same fix, to destinations without any delay programs, what good reason is there that I call ready first, get to the runway first, and then have to wait for multiple (local) aircraft that call ready after me to depart? There is no good reason for that, other than simple favoritism.

You folks should really be smart enough to realize I'm not some airline RJ pilot claiming superiority over corp/135/GA...I'm simply saying that all things being equal, departures should be first come, first serve and that is not the case at HPN.

Latest resources

Back