Custom Air Transport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
landlover said:
i heard they actually acquired a 747 but were never able to get it on the certificate

The 747 rumor was about a year ago. Lately, there was a 757 rumor going around.

CAT up for grabs??

Is there any truth to rumors about CAT being for sale. I can hear the responses already, who wants them, anything is for sale....

I'd like to hear from guys that currently work there - pm or whatever. What contract did they lose?

i dont work there but i beleive that they lost the UPS overflow contract which is what they were using their 727's mainly for.

ok I dont work for CAT so i'm not completely positive. BUT the way it was explained to me was that the reason cat was given the UPS work was that initially it was excess cargo on certain routes that UPS couldnt (at that time) fulfill.

Now i'm not sure if thats correct but would make sense if the ups pilots contract contained some sort of scope clause (not sure about that either).

Anyway, take that with a grain of salt because as I said that was the way it was explained to me 3rd hand.

Either way it was the UPS contract that CATS 727's were used for.

if i recal, CAT was flying via contract for menlo. ups then bought menlo. menlo flying now becomes ups flying when ups gets the lift for it.

From what I read UPS is bringing online a few old DC-8's. Could that be to pick up some of the Menlo load? The 2 combi 747's from Eva Air I heard were going to be used for UPS ad hoc / peak shipment work and not scheduled runs. Could be a Menlo replacement too?

OUPilot said:
if i recal, CAT was flying via contract for menlo. ups then bought menlo. menlo flying now becomes ups flying when ups gets the lift for it.

That sounds right. I seem to recall discussion in SDF of that nature. The new UPS heavy freight terminal at SDF opens in early June, and at the end of June the DAY hub is supposed to be totally phased out... read that in the weekly UPS newsletter a few nights ago.

jdlilfan said:
From what I read UPS is bringing online a few old DC-8's. Could that be to pick up some of the Menlo load? The 2 combi 747's from Eva Air I heard were going to be used for UPS ad hoc / peak shipment work and not scheduled runs. Could be a Menlo replacement too?

Only DC-8 I've heard of coming on line is to replace the one damaged in that fire in Philly... would they use them to move heavy freight?

I heard fifth hand

My uncle's next door neighbor's baby sitters cousin told my friend's father that you'll don't know squat about this thread!

CAT and XNA are both loosing the Menlo, UPS, Emery (what ever you want to call it.) contract come June 30, 2006. CAT already began dropping flight.

Nuff said.

Biatcches

Latest resources

Back