Curious TCAS Traffic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

2EASYPilot

Cruising along in the block at 44,000 and got TCAS traffic at 53,200. This was over central Mississippi just at sunset. Could this have been real traffic or a TCAS hiccup. Checked with ATC and in his best "da" voice asked if I wanted to file a UFO report...is it possible to get a TCAS alert on military traffic operating at those altitudes....and before you say it, no it was not Santa doing a proving run.

Unless the UFO was squawking mode C, and the controller didn't specify military traffic, and there was 9000 feet vertical separation, I'd suspect an anomaly with the equipment.

Or. maybe there's a conspiracy and you accidentally flew too close to the "Aurora" project? Did you hear any radio traffic with the call sign "Stovepipe"?

erj-145mech said:
Unless the UFO was squawking mode C, and the controller didn't specify military traffic, and there was 9000 feet vertical separation, I'd suspect an anomaly with the equipment.
erj-145mech said:
Or. maybe there's a conspiracy and you accidentally flew too close to the "Aurora" project? Did you hear any radio traffic with the call sign "Stovepipe"?

I prefer the conspiracy theory....because after all this was an EASY cockpit and nothing can go wrong...wrong..wrong :smash: .

Latest resources

Back