Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LandRoverNut

I know, I know go to NetJets!!!
If you can't seem to get the interview with NJA then would you look at CS or Flex with thier new pay scales! All things considered. I want to know what you guys and gals think!

LRN

The daily rate is higher at CS. You work 182 days at CS per year versus 200 or so at Flex. Of course there are other factors but that is the biggest

Catering at Flex just got better. Oh... and they upped the annual uniform allowance a whole $50. Things are looking good here. ;)

Both are good operators and the new wage increases really help. I don't like the fact that Flexjet only offers 4 domiciles (including no choices on the West Coast - what's up with that?). Netjets offers 100 pilot domiciles and CS offers roughly 20 or so - not too bad.

If you want to live west of Denver, go to CS. That said, I think Flexjet offers a better fleet of airplanes if that is your thing (not everyone cares). Personally, I would love to fly the Challenger 300 and newhires have a good chance of getting it right off the bat (that or the Lear 40/45). Check out the nice Challenger 300 cockpit (comfy on the longer flights):

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1062940&size=L&width=1024&height=693&sok=&photo_nr=1

and this:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1062938&size=L&width=1024&height=695&sok=&photo_nr=3

CS has a good fleet - all Citation as you would expect. If Flexjet would only open up its bases (maybe add 5-10 more choices including the West Coast) I would be more enthusiastic about applying. If you want to live in Denver, Dallas, Ft. Lauderdale and NYC then you should apply to Flexjet.

CS has better pay, works less, no rolling rest, and has more bases.

Flex has a nice fleet of planes to choose from, 2.5 to 3 year upgrade (not sure how that compares to CS)

I'd lean towards CS, just for the pay. But flex is by no means a bad place, but you work to get paid so....

Catering at Flex just got better. Oh... and they upped the annual uniform allowance a whole $50. Things are looking good here. ;)

When did our catering get better, and what sick bastard keeps sending me the old catering?

Flex - 3 vacation periods after 3 years,
4 vacation periods after 10 years
CS - I think someone posted 3 vacations after 10
years, not sure.

Flex pay - Based on 202 days year.
CS - Based on 182 days.

Flex trips - 4,5,6,7(not very many available) days on.
CS - 7 days on.

Flex - If you live in DFW area you will probably get more nights at home than the others since DFW is mothership, i.e., training, recurrent, 2 maintenance bases, mid-trip overnights at home.
Flex is not bad, and since Netjets is leading the pack there will always be room for improvement at Flex.

Best of luck

Latest resources

Back