Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never Stop!

Pilotboy,

I asure you that your career is NOT over! I have seen some outstanding pilots that are highly educated shot down again and again. Look at it this way, you are still flying, I assume, and you live in the wonderful U.S.A....the country with boundless opportunities!

So for right now you are in a good starting position. I know you are still upset by the shortcomings of the CRJ program at that time and I can tell you that I, too, would be beside myself had it happened to me! When I first started flying, back in '89, I failed my first private checkride. Since I had no other experience to draw on I assumed that "my career was over"(where have you heard that!) and promply notified my father, then an Eastern captain, that I would not hack it in aviation.

His response floored me..."Son, I have failed more checkrides than you will take in the next few years. So shut up and study harder!"

In fact, he even seemed proud of his collection of pink slips(3 total) and line check busts(2). But please remember that he had been flying for 30 years!

Needless to say, I was from then on motivated to try harder. And I hope that you will also. I think you should still try ACA again and I'll help if I can.

Take care,

Mike

Let us know if pilotboy replies. I'd like to know if his story is legit. I'd have nothing against bringing him back if he TRULY got screwed around.

Latest resources

Back