• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ engine problems out of DEN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To all you "Mesa sucks" fans out there . . . .(and yeah, I do my share of kvetching about the place)

Please note that this was handled so well and so professionally by the crew that this didn't even make the media airwaves.

Lost an engine and half the pylon it was hanging on? NBD, because that bird was flown by professionals.

(I'm not even going to start listing how some other "flightinfo approved" regionals have dealt with some of their messes . . . not a few of them self-inflicted.)

So a hearty "kudos and well done" to the Mesa crew who took this in stride.

I believe it's the kevlor shroud that is suppose to contain the engine parts from penetrating the fuselage during a catastrasphic engine failure. It looks like it worked.
Yeah...

Imagine if that happened from a weather balloon (just hypothetically)? Talk about slim odds.

I believe it's the kevlor shroud that is suppose to contain the engine parts from penetrating the fuselage during a catastrasphic engine failure. It looks like it worked.

Look closer at the fuselage...Lots of damage on the skin from engine "parts"!

Is that a weather balloon hanging from the turbine?

That's the Kevlar blanket that is specifically designed to contain parts from an uncontained engine failure. It probably did its job for the most part, but the crew is lucky the fan section didn't hit another part of the plane on its way out.

To all you "Mesa sucks" fans out there . . . .(and yeah, I do my share of kvetching about the place)

Please note that this was handled so well and so professionally by the crew that this didn't even make the media airwaves.

Lost an engine and half the pylon it was hanging on? NBD, because that bird was flown by professionals.

(I'm not even going to start listing how some other "flightinfo approved" regionals have dealt with some of their messes . . . not a few of them self-inflicted.)

So a hearty "kudos and well done" to the Mesa crew who took this in stride.

Yeah I bet they even took their ipods off to watch the autopilot fly the plane. Landing a plane with one engine is the same as one with two engines.... it is the go around that is tricky and MESA still sucks and they are Carnies. still glad everyone made it ok ..... nice work crew...... but you still have to work the ferris wheel on your two days off

Funny how everyone throws out the "Mesa sucks" flag. How about props to the crew that landed the plane safely without injuries to the passengers?? Had it been a Comair flight or something like that, you'd all be singing praises. No wonder why everyone talks about how childish the regular posters on FI are. You guys never cease to amaze me.

Yeah I bet they even took their ipods off to watch the autopilot fly the plane. Landing a plane with one engine is the same as one with two engines.... it is the go around that is tricky and MESA still sucks and they are Carnies. still glad everyone made it ok ..... nice work crew...... but you still have to work the ferris wheel on your two days off

you are a coward and an Idiot..

An airplane was bent and no one was injured. Good job crew.

Latest resources

Back