CRJ 700 pay rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

antney

Just wondering what the captain and first officer pay rates are for the CRJ700. Already have them for ASA, I beleive the only other carreirs that have them are Mesa, and American Eagle. If you can post them that would be great, even ASA numbers so I can match them up. Just trying to find an average pay scale for the 70 seats.
Thanks
Anthony

New AWAC 70 seat pay rates (when and if a new UAL Express contract is granted):
CA FO

53.61 22.32
58.06 32.56
59.85 33.56
61.71 34.60
63.62 35.67
65.58 36.77
67.61 37.91
69.70 39.08
71.86 40.30
74.08 41.54

These payrates are effective the date of signing a new UAX contract. Every year after that they are increased by 1.5%. At 2.5/5/7.5 year marks the rates are raised based on the non-wholly owned industry average (6 companies) 50 seat Captain pay (F/O pay is then 60% of new Capt rate), plus 2/3/4% respectivelly. The 2.5/5/7.5 year average increases will be in addition to the 1.5% increase at the effective date plus 2/5/7 years. F/O rates are the same as the CL-65 rates.

Companies currently in the comparison group are: ACA, Skywest, Mesa, TSA, Chataqua, and one other that I cannot thin of.

Mayday.

Are you serious? Those are 70-seat CRJ rates? They are lower than Comair's 50-seat rates.

Why are you guys doing this? Please don't tell me its going to save United.

LOL, You know it's bad when surplus is scoffing at one's payrates! United burns about as much cash in a day as that agreement will save in a year, but I guess that's the "price you pay to play the game" in these wonderful times.

antney, take a gander at what this site has to offer: http://airlinepilotcontracts.com/

Cardinal said:
LOL, You know it's bad when surplus is scoffing at one's payrates!

Scoffing? IF that's what you think I was doing then I failed completely to communicate. Sorry.

I greatly admire the AWAC group and I think this is extremely sad. That airline invented what we call regional flying today much before most people writing on this board were flying anything. It's nothing to scoff about or laugh about. I just don't understand the logic of it. If you think that I feel in anyway superior to AWAC people you are gravely mistaken and completely misinterpreted my comments.

It is completely beyond my comprehension how lowering the pilot compensation at a regional could possibly impact United Airlines or any other mega carrier. Their illness has nothing to do with AWAC compensation and will not be affected by it one way or the other. By the same token, if CMR pilots were to fly for nothing at all, it would not be a pimple on the backside of Delta and we are considerably larger than Air Willy.

If AWAC is ill, then that's another matter, but I thought they were doing well. Perhaps I am wrong.

Another thing that I don't understand is all the rocks being thrown at the Mesa pilot group. Sure I think their contract is lousy, but I also know that it has always been lousy. This isn't their fault at all. This is happening because we're all rushing into panic mode and coming up with a lot of wrong answers. Mesa isn't going to suddenly become "the only regional in business" because they have a lousy contract. Do we all suddenly have to play the "match Mesa" game? How come Mesa didn't get all the regional flying before? They have always been at the bottom. If we didn't have to match them before, why do we have to match them now? Sure the industry has changed, for the mega carriers. What's changed for the regionals?

Why are we racing to the bottom? That's what I don't understand. If someone does, please enlighten me.

Last edited:
An admirable post, and for once I agree with you. I still find the earlier expressed incredulity mildly amusing. Green wallets and tailwinds to all...

Walk a mile in their shoes.....

Surplus
Easy to answer, they're fighting for their jobs. UA express contracts are to be awarded by a BK judge based on what a private auditor says. The criteria is cost, cost and finially cost. UA has for at least the next few days three quality carriers that deliver a quality product. That however has no bearing on whether any of the three keep the contracts, it based on greenbacks. If Comair was told by a BK Delta that you were going to lose ALL your flying to someone else in the next week or so, I imagine your folks might come up with something along the same lines.
There is a world of difference between striking and losing the contract that provides 100% of your buisness, if you had planned to go that route.

Consider brevity on your retort.

Latest resources

Back