CRJ-200 Fuel system

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Alltheway

On the CRJ-200 fuel system is it possible to x cross feed fuel from one side to the other (TO both engines) in a unlikely event of lets see…..you right side engine driven fuel pump fails and also your right side electric boost pump. The fuel layout shows there is a connection between the two just after the left and right boost pumps. thx

Won't the main ejectors continue to operate through motive flow and isn't there a high pressure pump that is not shown on the layout page that will keep the engine running???

I don't have my POH, so I'm going off the top of my head right now.

Last edited:
I dont think so because from what I understand the motive flow is from the EDP, I guess I should be clearer and say can you have one side of the fuel system provide for both engines?

A. FUEL TRANSFER
1. Under normal circumstances, fuel is transferred throughout the system using motive flow ejectors powered by high-pressure fuel from the engine-driven pumps (see Fig. 7.2.2). Fuel is drawn from the wing tanks equally to feed the collector tanks, which in turn supply the engines. The wing tanks are filled automatically with any fuel that may be in the center tank. When either wing tank’s contents reduce to 94% capacity, the fuel computer activates the transfer ejectors to fill the tanks. This continues until the center tank is empty.
2. Fuel balance is automatically maintained by the Crossflow / APU Pump, with a provision for manual control. Whenever the computer detects an imbalance of greater than 200 lbs. between the main tanks, automatic crossflow is initiated and continues until the contents of the selected tank are 50 lbs. greater than the other. If a failure of the auto-transfer system occurs, manual selections may be made on the fuel control panel using the Manual XFLOW Override and the respective shut-off valve. As a final resort, symmetry may be maintained using the Gravity XFLOW line, selectable on the fuel control panel.

B. FUEL FEED
1. The two collector tanks are kept full of fuel at all times by scavenge ejectors or by gravity flow. Under normal conditions, fuel is pumped from the collector tanks to the engines by two main ejectors. If the main ejectors fail, two DC-powered booster pumps automatically start to provide the fuel to the engines. A connecting line between the left and right boost pump output lines allows both engines to be fed from one collector tank, or one engine to be fed from both collector tanks (see Fig. 7.2.2).
2. Fuel for the APU is provided by the XFLOW/APU pump whenever the APU PWR FUEL switch is selected ON. If the XFLOW/APU pump fails, or under conditions of negative G, fuel is provided by the right engine fuel feed line.

Last edited:
The EDP is probably the one I am referring to as the high pressure pump. If both main pumps are in STBY (or pushed in) as soon as a low fuel pressure is sensed, both pumps will automatically turn ACTIVE and provide fuel to both engines.

Or in your case, I believe one engine will provide fuel to both engines.

One boost pump can supply fuel to both engines. On the other hand, one main ejector is only able to feed that side's engine due to a one way check valve that is not shown on the synoptic. My airline (PSA) does a daily check on this check valve on the first flight of the day by turning off both boost pumps once both engines are started. This is done to ensure that you can stop fuel to that engine in the case of fire.

oh my GOD. Dorks, you must be from Fagship or Mesa (losers)

did you skip ground school? or is it just the 300 hrs. total time you have?

The problem is, to ask that question an open forum just doesn't make since. you must be joking or really stupid.

Latest resources

Back