CRJ 200 Experts, Please share your preflight tips

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
J32driver said:
The main passenger door sill is a problem area as well. For some reason the door gets shut with the pins extended. It does impact damage to the sill and has to be repaired with some sort of epoxy mix.

Take a long hard look at the epoxy repairs. If they are starting to crumble and come apart, the airplane shouldn't be dispatched.

Had a Captian write this up, MX came out and looked at it, and it turns out the doorframe was actually cracked. oops

how many dipsticks are on a CRJ 200 anyway?

Make sure the drink cart has been stocked

Not only that, but make sure it's secured!!! When you're on a ferry and it's not.... It rolls all the way to the back making all sorts of weird sounds and can do some damage... Or so I've been told!

Hmmmm... you're supposed to do a preflight before every flight? I thought that was just before the first flight.

All this time I've been working under the assumption that they all came preflighted from the factory!

Geez... learn'n sumptin' new every day!!!

atrdriver said:
I just ask if all the big pieces are still there...

Hey! thats my line...you can't use that. I have one of those little circled R thingies for that phrase...go get your own catchy little phrase.:cool:

I remember one day when I was working ramp for Pinnacle an FO did a walk around and didnt even notice that the whole tail cone was covered in speed tape. I asked the FO during his walk around what had happened to the plane. he had no clue that the plane was taped together. I noticed it as the plane was landing. Youd think somehing like that would be noticed during the pre flight when its right in front of your face! That makes me wonder what else this idiot misses??

Mike1:

Thanks for the memories. I am now furloughed from the plane you aspire to fly.

So although I want to be as sarcastic as possible all I can do is tell you the truth and here it is:

For the next few months you will try to do the best g'da$n job you can including your preflights. Then you will be paired with "THE" captain and he will teach you everything you wanted to know about preflight for the airplane. He will show you stuff that you "only get from the Tech Manuals". You will hate his (or her) guts. He or she will ask you "how many things you found wrong with the airplane and woe be to you if you don't find the same things. A four-day pairing will feel like a month. A month will seem like a year. You will cry to get away from this moron. And then you will never care about another preflight your entire career. Big things attached and nothing will get me in trouble - Done! Let me get out of this f'in weather. Believe me the ramp will suddenly get too cold, too hot, too icy or too rainy very soon. You won't care about a bonding strap unless it pokes you in the eye - with the door closed it's probably grounded anyway. Hydraulic leaks are going to have to be whoppers to cause a delay. Paint - ha, ha-ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha - After you've worn through the airline colors, the base white, the green zinc oxide and you start seeing holes in the aluminum and fiberglass - OK, now I'll worry about paint.

Do the best you can - it's better than 70% of the rest of your fellow crew members and good luck. I'm sure glad I'm not working for $19K a year doing preflights in Burlington, VT or god forbid, Fargo, ND in December.

Latest resources

Back