• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crj-1000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not sure, but I'd imagine a bean bag chair, 8 feet across has to be pushing 12,500 lbs.

Alright... here's the "world o'cross-sections" of things about 8 feet in diameter comparison list...

CRJ-200 8'5"
Concorde 8'8"
Dash 8 8'3"
GM Corbeil "Short Bus" 8'
Standard rail boxcar 8'10"
NASA Delta 1000 Rocket 8'
Elgin Road Wizard Sweeper 8'
LoveSac "BigOne" bag chair 8'
I got another one that is long and wide.

Except for that small simple fact that it is by far the most economical 100-seater. Think passengers prefer the EMB-195? They may, but they aren't willing to pay more for it. It's all about $$$, and the CRJ-1000 makes them.

Well, the most efficient airframe would likely be a flying wing, but the consensus is passengers aren't willing to give up windows to save money. The CRJ is the most uncomfortable airplane I've ever ridden in the back of (and that list includes the 1900, Brasilia, Navajo, Islander, etc). You can't even look out the window unless you're five.

Well, the most efficient airframe would likely be a flying wing, but the consensus is passengers aren't willing to give up windows to save money. The CRJ is the most uncomfortable airplane I've ever ridden in the back of (and that list includes the 1900, Brasilia, Navajo, Islander, etc). You can't even look out the window unless you're five.

They fixed the window issue on the 900 so I would imagine the 1000 is the same.

I'm not sure, but I'd imagine a bean bag chair, 8 feet across has to be pushing 12,500 lbs.

Well, my good friend who works for the FAA said that I CAN log PIC on the LoveSac even though I'm not the captain! So, you're all wrong cuz my friend said so!

The 700/900 is like completely different airplane in the back. The 200 does suck, but I don't think the 700/900 is uncomfortable at all. Much better than sitting in the middle seat on a 737!

Well, my good friend who works for the FAA said that I CAN log PIC on the LoveSac even though I'm not the captain! So, you're all wrong cuz my friend said so!

True, but it does call into question how that time logged would look in an interview if it were all "cowgirl" time.

Latest resources

Back