Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFI2766

Folks,

What's it mean when a day on your schedule shows up with white letters 'ROE' on an orange background?

Did I have a day from my line taken for training? If so, am I on reserve for that day? Do I still get the credit for that day? Do I need to do a pay sheet?

Removed for IOE. You are on twelve hr reserves. You will, nevermind, read your contract, that's what it's for.

Do you see the "Notifications" button at the top? Push it, and it will tell you that your trip is removed for OE. If you click on that explanation, etc., etc., you have self notified. You are on reserve for the footprint of your trip on a 12 hour call out.

socrates1 is right, though. Read the contract about it. If you don't have a copy of it, it's on line at asacontract.com, pilots, current contract, Section 13 Scheduling.

Do you see the "Notifications" button at the top? Push it, and it will tell you that your trip is removed for OE. If you click on that explanation, etc., etc., you have self notified. You are on reserve for the footprint of your trip on a 12 hour call out.

socrates1 is right, though. Read the contract about it. If you don't have a copy of it, it's on line at asacontract.com, pilots, current contract, Section 13 Scheduling.

Yup, the 'Notifications' button wasn't present till late this afternoon. They took the trip away yesterday, but didn't 'notify' me today. No biggie.

I read the contract immediately after I posted this...Got it now.

Let the schedulers do their jobs and call you when you get an ROE. They tend to forget every now and then. Look up LOA 27 in the back of the contract while you're reading it.

Let the schedulers do thier jobs and call you when you get an ROE. They tend to forget every now and then. Look up LOA 27 in the back of the contract while you're reading it.

The only problem is that when they call you, they can give you an assignment right then. When you self-notify, they can't give you an assignment until your footprint window opens, then it's 12 hour call out. So you basically get the first day off free. Better off to self notify.

The only problem is that when they call you, they can give you an assignment right then. When you self-notify, they can't give you an assignment until your footprint window opens, then it's 12 hour call out. So you basically get the first day off free. Better off to self notify.

I suppose that's true. I've just been letting them forget about me and collecting my paid days off. I'll think twice about that next time though...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back