• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crewmember found murdered in Mexico Hotel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For all we know it could have been staged so that people would jump to that conclusion. Who knows how the murderer gained access to the room, it's not terribly difficult. He could have posed as a hotel worker and knocked on the victims door or he could have gone to the front desk and said he left his key in his room and asked for another. How many times have you done that or needed a key re-keyed and the front desk worked asked nothing more than "what room?" and then gave you a key?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why in the world would anyone go through the effort ( above) to rob a 50k/ year Flight Attendant or pilot?? In a big city like DF there are much bigger fish.

You honestly think it's more likely that this was a completely random act rather than one where the killer knew the victim ( albeit for a short time)?

I think the airline's silence reflects the fact that this was not random in nature. Had it been they'd have to really reevaluate crew safety procedures and disseminate information etc.

Why in the world would anyone go through the effort ( above) to rob a 50k/ year Flight Attendant or pilot?? In a big city like DF there are much bigger fish.

Income has nothing to do with it and people around the world are killed for next to nothing more often than not. The fact is hotels offer easy marks for all kinds of reasons, regardless the victim's occupation and status.

You honestly think it's more likely that this was a completely random act rather than one where the killer knew the victim ( albeit for a short time)?

I think the airline's silence reflects the fact that this was not random in nature. Had it been they'd have to really reevaluate crew safety procedures and disseminate information etc.

Don't put words into my mouth, I was just highlighting one possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think the criminal knows how much a crew member makes?

You think the criminal knows how much a crew member makes?

Better question, do you think most criminals care? I saw a bum bust out a car window to steal a 24 pack of EMPTY Coke cans once. Just to get the $2.40 worth deposit on them (and that still required him to take them to a store to cash in)

I got a idea, don't do crazy gay sex in Mexico....., next question Einstein

Funny guys here.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't visit here much anymore. Horrible people with obvious learning disabilities making fun of someone who died in an unfortunate way in a dangerous place is just not all that entertaining. You people probably wouldn't be so jocular if this FA were a close friend or family member. And yes-Mexico is dangerous now-not just to those who are gay.

-Oh well, Karma is a bitch.

Last edited:
How is it that you talk about a man with his hands strapped and strangled, add your own thoughts about it being a 'kinky' act gone wrong, and then in the same paragraph offer condolences to the family???

IMO it is in poor taste to speculate on the cause of a person's death and then cover your ass with condolences to the family.

Absolutely the best light shone on this situation I've heard.

Well done, Jar Jar. The deceased is a son, extended family member, friend, mentor and coworker to folks out there- and this is a loss they bear.

Nice rememberance.

I love the AFA's response of "Preliminary findings do not indicate a safety breach at the hotel. therefore we do not believe our crewmembers are at risk."

How can you say that when you've got a dead flight attendant lying on the floor of his hotel room?

Better question, do you think most criminals care? I saw a bum bust out a car window to steal a 24 pack of EMPTY Coke cans once. Just to get the $2.40 worth deposit on them (and that still required him to take them to a store to cash in)

Good point

Latest resources

Back