• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cover page

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good question, personally I'm not sure if there's a difference between a cover page and a cover letter. I usually omit the cover letter unless for some reason I need to make it clear which position I am applying for with my resume. Most employers probably just want you to have a one-page resume for simplicity.

Ask them if there is an informal policy on the number of mini's you can take off the plane. I hear they like that, makes you sound like one of the team.

Seriously though, I did not send one with mine. The hiring departments usually have a handling process that does not retain your cover letter. At least at my outfit.

But, after I was hired I was told by one of the guys who hired me how he rarely hear's anyone say to him how much they really want to work for the company.

Little trick, may help.

If faxing a resume in, just fax the resume, no letter. If mailing a hard copy resume, include a cover letter. (any hard copy should have a cover letter) If emailing the resume, use the email as your cover letter.

Keep it simple with three paragraphs:

1. What job you are applying for.
2. What background/skills you have to offer that make you qualified for the job or would benefit the company.
3. Reiterate your interest/desire to work for this company.

That formula worked for me. I'm 2-0 with airline interviews so far.

Latest resources

Back