• APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

Corporate Pilot Shortage ?

bafanguy

Total Time
FWIW, the small sampling of my corporate sources tells me they are seeing people leave corp to go Part 121...and corp flight depts increasing compensation in response. :cool:

pilotyip

Total Time
The pilot shortage continues to grow, and the college degree becomes less and less important in the hiring decisions. I see every one except DAL has moved it to the preferred option. But even DAL is taking pilots without degree with their flown through programs

bafanguy

Total Time
Seats WILL be filled. All those peripheral non-regulatory requirements are just ink spots on paper. The same people who put them there can change them.

Total Time
I'm Houston based and as far as I can tell, all pilot positions are filled in Southeast Texas.
SP

Blues604

Total Time
7,000+
I think more and more corporate flight departments will continue to be farmed out to fractionals.

bafanguy

Total Time

bafanguy

Total Time
Interview with the head of a corporate pilot headhunter, API:

Quickly to the subject at hand, she confirms the shortage is real, causing major disruptions within business-aviation flight departments, altering careers and “is the No. 1 topic in every pilot lounge.”

Ultimately, she would like to see a national pilot training academy established with rigorous standards and financed by the aviation industry.