• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

belchfire

unpredictable member
It has been confirmed that the long awaited
growth of Corporate Airlines into NC and IA
has been put on "hold" via the company
newsletter.

no word on when or if it ever will happen...

What does that mean for all the new hires over the past 3-4 Months? Has corpex had enough attrition to hold on to them or will there be furloughs.

Newhires? Well they shouldn't get in a huge panic yet. It's been public knowledge for some time that the hold up is APA hasn't yet decided on when to vote about any scope violations. I think everyone plans on NC and IA. Especially the state of NC. Let's see what APA does, then make up our minds if it is dead.

What it means for newhires...no word yet from HQ. Possibly nothing. As for attrition, there will always be attrition at corpex
because it is not, never has nor will it be a place you would want to retire from...unless you think that bringing all of your meals from home while you are working and living in a single-wide for your whole career is fun and Social Security is a viable retirement.
I don't know what the future for those great guys and gals holds...except like me they should be updating their resumes every one-two weeks.

Jetscream driver...I never said dead, just on hold. I would personally bet against anything good ever happening there, but my initial post was just to get the "facts", as published by HQ, out
there...for what it was worth. Time will tell.

To quote one of our more disgruntled pilots, "I have never seen
so many good men wasted so badly". (I think that's it)

At least we are getting some "quality" time!

To quote one of our positive pilots "It's their sandbox, they just let me play with the toys" (I think that's it)

To quote Pink Floyd, "There is no dark side of the moon really, it's
all dark."

To quote Lord Adm. Nelson, "They have done for me at last Hardee."

Anyone else???

It ain't over until it's over.....

Fayetteville, N.C., Officials' Effort to Land More Airline Flights Stalls

By Paul Woolverton, The Fayetteville Observer, N.C. Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News

Apr. 8--RALEIGH, N.C. - Efforts to bring more commercial airline flights to Fayetteville, Moore County and four other communities in North Carolina have stalled, said several officials involved in the plan.

"We're not any further along than we were six months ago," said Brad Whited, director of Fayetteville Regional Airport.

The effort can't proceed because of a contract that American Airlines has with its pilots' labor union, said Harold Garner, chairman of the Moore County Airport Authority.

The contract limits how often American Airlines can hire outside companies to fly under American's name and airline reservations code, said Garner, who is a retired American Airlines pilot.

This is called "code sharing" in the airline industry.

The code share being pursued in North Carolina would have American partner with Corporate Airlines of Smyrna, Tenn. Corporate's planes, painted to look like American's, would funnel passengers from the six small cities and towns to Raleigh-Durham International Airport to connect to other flights. In the airline reservations system, Corporate's flights would appear to be American flights.

"For all practical purposes it's an American airplane," Garner said.

Garner, Whited and representatives from the other airports seeking more air service attended a meeting at the Raleigh-Durham airport Wednesday morning to discuss the plan's status.

Fayetteville, Moore County, Wilmington, New Bern, Kinston and Hickory, have formed a consortium to get the air service and have a $1.2 million federal grant to help them. Fayetteville, Wilmington and New Bern have some commercial flights; Moore County, Kinston and Hickory have none.

American is trying to get a waiver so it can code share with Corporate in North Carolina, said Douglas Caldwell, president of Corporate Airlines. "Once they get this waiver, then we will code-share" and can start the flights, he said.

Corporate could forego code sharing and fly to the six cities under its own name and reservation code. But the lack of a code share with American would make it much harder to sell Corporate's flights. Code-shared flights on other airlines, such as Delta and US Airways, would show up first to people booking the flights, he said.

American is negotiating with the Allied Pilots Association to get permission to code share for flights to Raleigh-Durham International, said American spokesman Tim Wagner.

"We just have not worked out the issue yet," Wagner said.

If the Corporate-American code share can't work out, Garner said, the consortium will look for other ways to add commercial air service.

Fascinating Captain...

The "consortium" is willing to look elsewhere
to get the air service...

Too bad corpex isn't willing to look for another
codeshare...

"lack of a codeshare...would it make much
harder to sell..." duh! aren't
something like 70% of ticket sales over
the internet now?

There was a time when corpex was not
that much smaller than Chataqua...

Excuses, excuses.

I dont understand the argument that if Corporate Went under its own colors that it would show up below other carriers. ISO, HKY, SOP have no service at all, so there would be no one to be under! ILM, FAY have US and DL and EWN just US. Its not like folks will be sifting through 6 other airlines.

I think the code-share excuse would be secret code meaning the bean counters, or excuse me the bean counter, is afraid to do anything without a 100% guarantee of profit.

Wouldn't it be a novel idea if the thought outside of the box...

like a different code-share!

Corpex isn't the only company without another code, WERE THE ONLY ONE WITHOUT LIKE THREE OTHERS!

(Well kinda, you get the point)

Oh, BelchFire... I know you said "On Hold". I addressed the issue of RDU being dead cause that's the latest rumor I heard.

Well JetScream, for all practical purposes
it probably is dead.

Think about it. Ever since 911 we have
been told that they were working really
hard to get back into the RDU system.

Every time we think that something is
about to happen, it doesn't.

This from people that espouse the
continuing viability of 19, er 17 seat
aircraft.

People that know well the limitations
of the jetstream, yet they forge
ahead with plans to serve GOLF
COMMUNITIES with them.

I flew in the old RDU system, and had
half in the bag golfers bugging me about
their damm clubs all the time! I had to
bite my lip to keep from laughing at the
stupids, cause I know oh so well that
the bags would probably get there about
the time they sobered up to go home!

I saw the numbers once on how much
they (Midway) were charging to MYR,
and how much it cost to ground the
golf clubs overnight. No wonder they
went broke!

DrinkSweetTea...
The general concensus in the corpex
crew room is that the negotiation
skills of our management are limited
to "When you gaurantee us cost
plus, we will go." It is not without
precedent, that concensus, it is
one born of years of observation.
I know, the rj operators are getting
fee for departure, so the same
thing, right? It begins to occur to
me that the majors might not want
their valuble customers riding around
in something that could be mistaken
for a WWII medium bomber! (Except
louder!)

I wish I could tell you why that is...
the thought process that limits our
management's ability to grasp the
nessecity of taking a risk in
business, to look back to when the
jetstream was an efficient aircraft,
to the good old days before the RJ.

Most regional airlines that made the
transition to larger equipment have
shown real, dramatic positive growth
since 911. An unusual trend in
aviation that so many operators doing
the same thing could show so much
growth in such a limited time. Positive
cash flow numbers, for crying out loud,
such that logic would dictate pursuit
of that course!

But Corpex will give up the Jetstream
when they pry our cold, dead, bankrupt
fingers from around them.

Last edited:
>>>It begins to occur to me that the majors might not want their valuble customers riding around in something that could be mistaken for a WWII medium bomber! (Except louder!)<<<

Oh, come on now... Even the Jetstream-41 couldn't be mistaken for a WWII medium bomber. A "medium" bomber of that era, like the B-25 or the B-26, have empty weights about the same as a Saab 340 or Dash-8 100 (in the vicinity of 22,000lbs) and max gross weights about the same as a Dash-8 200 (high thirties).

:D

Latest resources

Back