• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Contract in waiting EXPRESSJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's not put the cart before the horse, guys. We have business at hand. There are plenty of career opportunities on the horizon. Our current compensation and work rules package is in jeopardy. Let's get ready to read and analyze the pending TA. Let's get ready to rally against it, if it doesn't pass muster. Let's get ready to embrace it, if it offers 20% pay increases and 14 days off per month. Let's be ready either way. Don't get railroaded by a masterful SKYW management group and a semi-retarded Joint MEC.

The last I've heard on that, is there is some discussion between HR and the training department regarding this. From what I understand, HR wants some recency, where as the flight training department doesn't see any real correlation between flight training success and time away from a training cycle. They are supposedly going to relax this requirement- at least this is what I've heard through the grapevine. When, however, I'm not sure. The best I advise I can give, is to apply quickly to every window that opens, and to keep applying regardless of what the status says under your log-in. At one point, I had 5 "under review" apps. The one that got me the interview was submitted the day the window re-opened. I would LOVE to see more ASA'ers here, so I sincerely wish everyone who wishes to come here lots of luck. Keep trying and if you apply, it's not an "if", but a "when".

Does it help to be a member of the BFEAA (Black Female Eskimo Aviators of America) to get the job?

Only if you have a degree from WMU or you were once part of a all black female crew who justtttttt happened to be scheduled to fly together.

My guess? We a propping up a failed FFD carrier and we're the convenient scapegoat (or bird) for low earnings

Vote accordingly......or else.

Last edited:
I was talking to a union guy (rep) on our side (LXJT) and they agreed to no changes to Vacation for both sides. Too ugly in mngt's opinon. Better to go after retirement and insurance. Jer

But we'll see in two weeks!

You can keep the vacation low BUT you no longer get paid 75 hours. It's much lower.

Latest resources

Back