• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Contract in waiting EXPRESSJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I prefer not to commit to a new contract until we have been through a few bid cycles with the new FTDT rules and see what happens with the pilot supply issue.

When a job skill is in short supply its value increases.

....except if what's proposed is good enough to preserve or improve on current terms for a few years, and I doubt that's what management has in mind.

What did that say in the communication? The MEC was briefed on the state of the regional industry....the Executives can give themselves a 50% raise but you have to give up your retirement, your vacation, your bidding system, your OJI bank, your sick leave, works rules...and no real raise! And furthermore you don't get any Co stock...which would be free from the Co, you get no snap backs, you don't limit exec compensation, you don't limit the other employees getting raises with the money you gave back.......

So ALPA signs up the sells it to you with threats!

Yup. We're doing good enough for mgmt to get big raises, we should get major improvements. Vote No.

I prefer not to commit to a new contract until we have been through a few bid cycles with the new FTDT rules and see what happens with the pilot supply issue.

When a job skill is in short supply its value increases.

But you forgot the MEC is to stupid to wait for FTDT to be in effect before putting this likely POS out for a vote. Just remember how each MEC member votes, if they vote and send a POS with threats and scare tactics, it's time to recall them. The MEC has very little communication all the way through this process except for telling us we are getting everything we don't want PBS, Losing the retirement etc.

I've heard they are already removing posts from the pipe that don't tell the story that they want to tell.

I voted no for ASA PBS. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. I could never go back to line bidding.

Anyone who says they will vote no before even seeing it is just ignorant. Get a brain and make a decision once you read if you can. The. Bitch and gripe all you want.

Get smart people. A lot of you sound like complete idiots.

Latest resources

Back