Contact info at AWAC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
crashpad said:
O.K. ROTTWEILLER, what is up with that avatar....first it's a naked chick..I click off for 1 second, then come back...and now it's Winnie-The-F%$#ing-Poo?!?!

...Ohhhh, I get it now! He's dead...now that's the funniest thing I've seen on this board today!

Just keeping you on your toes!! It's Sunday after all!

You will never hold Denver. They are dropping to 17 departures a day after ski season is over. IAD will open around March 8th, depending, of course on the Mesa/ACA thing.

Most folks hope DEN will pick up someday, but UAL makes the decisions and right now ORD is the focus.

Additionally, they have changed their hiring philosophy from 121 types to Part 91/135 people.

There was a much reduced average time in the last class.

However, you can almost guarantee that you won't be interviewed unless you have an employee walk in your resume, but that can change too.

Hope that helps.

Whats the projected growth rate in ATL for ATJC.

From what I understand, "projected" growth for Atlanta is a big goose egg. AirTran want's more flying, prefers 70 seaters. AirTran asked Airwis if they'd bid. AirWis said no but countered with more 50 seat flying. Isn't clear whether or not AirTran is taking bids from other companies for 70 seat flying.

Opening up Dulles again would be neat. But we were sure we were opening LAX about a year ago too. So it's all rumor.

FORGET EVER seeing Denver. I've been here 2.5 years, I'd be 2/3's the way up the FO list in ORD, 5 from the top in ATL, and currently a bottom feeder in Denver. I don't think AirWis has enough airplanes comming for me to upgrade. Friend of mine just made RJ Capt at just over 3 years here. I'm doubtfull I'll see it at 3.5.

Thanks Mesa.

S.

There are confirmed orders for deliver for 14 more cl-65's. After that we have financing for an additional 20. Where or with who or if those become firm orders we do not know. But every manager that I have talked to in ATW would be very surprised if we don't get them. All growth in the near future will be to the ORD base. With a tricle going to ATL. They will be all CL-65 classes except for 6 or so that will be put in to the 146 sometime in the early spring. currently a class of 4 is on class for right now for the 146. I also spoke to the head of training and they just finished there budget for hiring and training needs for 2004. Not including the class of 25 in Dec, there will be 175 new hires in a 0 atrition situation. He also added with people leaving for frontier, ATA and Airtran that will probably go up to about 200 even. This assumes that only the 14 firm order airplanes are delivered. If the additional 20 are signed to a carrier then all bets are off.

Thats all I know first hand knowledge off, hope it helps

Regards DD

A/C are scheduled to be delivered until May at 2 a month, and one more this month. But Bombardier only schedules the deliveries 6 months in advance. So anything beyond that would be heresay.

Our new contract with UAL states that we can fly 60 RJs, we already have 53 or so in Express colors. Plus 14 Express airplanes to be delivered = more than 60. Like someone said in an earlier post...the managers in ATW would be very surprised if the deliveries stop there.

Mayday.

I know, I'm only conveing what Kevin, Pat Doyle, And the training department have told both this and last months new hire classes. In april we will be operating 60 for UAL and 10 for AT, With 17 146's. Any growth beyond that is speculatory, even though the outlook on the additional 20 for a total of 90 65's is positive.

56 total RJ's on property - 10 in Airtran colors = 46 in United colors. Than mean that the rest of the aircraft (14 still to be delivered) are for United. That is a grand total of 70 with 60 for United. Does this clarify the matter.

Latest resources

Back