• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Congrats Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think if you look back, you'll see most of the PCL pilots congratulating the Mesaba pilots when they got awarded the new flying for NWA on the -900s. I also haven't noticed any posts from Pinnacle pilots bashing the Compass guys for "taking" new flying that they could have gotten. PCL pilots are smart enough to understand that regionals don't "own" flying. Some of you other DCI guys still haven't figured that out.

True, indeed.

DoinTime is one of the few FI posters that actually has a clue what he's talking about. Everyone around here would do well to listen to him, especially when it comes to anything having to do with Pinnacle, Phildo, or Anderson.

Yeah, DoinTime is a great, I like his posts.

NOTICE OF VACANCY 08-07

Posting Date - 06 June, 2008
Initial Closing Date - 0800 AM 22 June, 2008
Effective Date of Vacancies - 01 November , 2008

1 CA CRJ MEM
4 CA CRJ DTW
6 CA CRJ MSP
8 CA CR9 ATL

1 FO CRJ MEM
4 FO CRJ DTW
6 FO CRJ MSP
8 FO CR9 ATL

Sorry Comair...

It's funny, I can't help but wonder how the Pinnacle guys would feel and what they would say if Comair or ASA showed up in MEM with brand new 900's painted with red-tails!

History of red tail regional whipsawing (abridged):

1987 - Pinnacle moved into MSP (Mesaba turf)
1997 - All of Pinnacle MSP flying reallocated to Mesaba overnight.
1998 - 1999 - Mesaba awarded Avro's and some move into MEM and displace more Pinnacle crews.
2000 - 2006 - Pinnacle CRJs move into and decimate Mesaba Saab and Avro flying in all three domiciles.
2002 - 11 Pinnacle Saabs transfered to Mesaba.
2007 - 2008 - 15 Pinnacle CRJs begin transfer to Mesaba
2007 - 2008 - Mesaba CRJ 900s begin delivery and operate out of all three domiciles
2007 - 2008 - Compass starts operations and moves into all three domiciles.

Would you be a bit ticked that someone new is in your backyard taking opportunities away from your pilots already based there?

Northwest regionals have been getting whipsawed against each other so long that most don't remember where it started. What regional pilots have to understand is that they work for an air carrier under contract. We have no ownership rights on anything that is branded or the physical location of a domicile. Our existence is solely dependent on our carriers ability to secure service agreements with mainline partners. I was not ticked when Mesaba was awarded the NWA -900 contract or the 15 CRJs already on our certificate. I was not ticked when Compass came to being. To get upset over things that are not in your control (or likely the control of your airline) is immature at best.

So the conversation in the Pinnacle crew lounge would go like this:

Hey, did you hear ASA/Comair got 20 CRJ-900's to operate out of our main domicile! They are opening a new crew base and everything....

Great! That is awesome news! I am really happy for those guys. They will love Memphis!

Yea.....They sure will! I'm so happy management brought those guys in here! I can wait another year or two to upgrade. I don't mind at all.

Me neither!

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

It's funny, I can't help but wonder how the Pinnacle guys would feel and what they would say if Comair or ASA showed up in MEM with brand new 900's painted with red-tails!

Would you be a bit ticked that someone new is in your backyard taking opportunities away from your pilots already based there?

Compass moved to MSP along with Mesaba and the 900's. A lot of pilots who was holding a line went back to reserve. It wasn't that big of a deal to me. It wouldn't have been any difference if it was ASA or Comair.

It would be one thing if they had laid down on their contract negotiations but they haven't.

I've noticed these guys in ATL taxiing slower than molasses in the winter in their slow down. Hopefully all your guys get on board and you finish the contract soon.

I was happier than a pig in mud when Mesaba started taking the -200s. My phone stopped ringing at all hours of the night for Jr Assignments!

Latest resources

Back