Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mar

Remember this one?
I suppose my first confession is that I never considered myself a bush pilot from the beginning. I've written about this elsewhere. And I've talked about it with other people so I apologize for covering old ground.

But I guess I just want to say that I've finally (after nine years) turned my back on Alaska aviation.

What can I say? I was presented with an opportunity and I took it. The surprising part was how reluctant I was--the guy who never considered himself a bush pilot had finally grown comfortable, and somewhat resigned to the fact he'd be flying to some of the most isolated communities in America for the next 20 years.

And who knows? This industry is volatile enough I just may come back groveling for another job flying low and slow.

But up to this point it's certainly been every bit of an adventure. I've seen some really incredible things; done some really stupid things. I've made some tremendous friends and crossed paths with a few individuals I wouldn't bother to...well, nevermind.

As for my contribution to this board (politics aside for the moment) I've enjoyed sharing my experiences and hearing of the experiences of others.

I hope I can continue to contribute but right now I'm feeling quite overwhelmed by an enormous adjustment to my lifestyle. I look forward to finally broadening my horizons beyond Alaska and experiencing new sights and meeting more people.

See ya on the road.
Fly safe.

Alaska will mis you Mar. Wish I could have some of that experience. Congrats on the whale. Juuuust a bit quicker than the 6. Who is the lucky employer??

I was wondering how long you would be, "near the beach". Let me know when you get close the next time.

Congrats

Congrats on the new gig, Mar!

Congrats Mar! Cherish the memories, especially of the ABC... Keep us informed on where you'll be etc. I look forward to more great posts!

Congrats! Sorry you missed the Tenth Annual Beer Fest last Saturday, but then a lot of people missed that one.

mar,

I wish you much success and hope that you can be just as happy at your new job as you seemed to be in Alaska. I am sure that if you would ever get "home sick" you would probably be welcomed back with open arms. Enjoy the "whale", quite an impressive bird.

Atlas or Kalitta?

congrats, job nicely done... I guess that one previous sim eval will now be forgotten forever!! !! . . . Good things seem to happen to good people.

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back