• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATL2CDG

Life's wastebucket
Well, it's happened.

I've lost my wife and daughter due to divorce... a marriage and a family I could not save despite all my efforts.

I'm losing my house and my good name because I can't pay the bills on the measily salary I make with ASA. No one wants to buy the house after 5 months on the market. Creditors don't care about my situation. No one cares to help.

And now, I've lost my job. After a confrontation with 'duty-in' guy at Ops and a drug nurse stronghanded by the company to write me up for a misunderstanding, management has decided that I am an expendable resource.

In the past 6 months, I've lost everything dear to me. I have no family, no friends, no money, no job and no hope. All I can do is listen to sad music and contemplate the inevitable.

*sigh*

I don't know if I can go on anymore... The pain is too much to bear and after having lost everything, I've not on which to cling.

I'm completely lost.

ATL,

Many of us have been where you are right now. The aviation industry strains marriages as we often chase jobs and are gone for periods of time.

1. Hire a divorce attorney, if you have not already done so, one who specializes in fathers rights. You will want to be part of your daughters future.

2. Dump the house. If its been on the market with a realtor, consider an auction - WilliamsAuction.com do not default .

3. Get to work - fall on your 'backup plan - which ALL pilots should have'...

4. You have YOUR immediate side of the family for support, and FRIENDS you may have not considered or overlooked.

5. DO NOT drink to forget the pain. Get out, run, walk, bike, work out.

6. TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS. Don't stay negative, and don't consider bad things... it will improve!

Best Of Luck!

It could always be worse... I am sorry to hear about your misfortune but keep your chin up and try to surround yourself with family and friends who will make this process a little better.

It happens..

3 5 0

ATL2CDG said:
Well, it's happened.

I'm completely lost.

"Never, Never, Never give up"! Winston Churchill.

enigma

im with super cub...if i wasnt flying, id probably be on the train. get out, away from everything, make some money, and some dam good retirement benefits too ;)

For all those kind-hearted souls who care:

I've calmed down a bit.

Although the union is confident that my job can be restored, this entire experience has put a sour taste in my mouth for ASA. I've just submitted resumes to AirTran and Southwest. I'm not expecting much luck with the volume of people vying for a spot, but I love my job too much to just walk away from the industry.

However, that's about the only positive thing going for me. I'm still sleeping in an empty bed (which is hard for a hopeless romantic/cuddle bug) and the bill collectors are still calling every day. I'm not quite sure how I'll handle the stress of it all...

Anyway... I thank all of you for your kind words and I humbly ask for your continued thoughts as I struggle to build a new life and discover a new me.

TysV

Latest resources

Back