Competitive times for LCC/Major

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BGSM

Sending out some applications looking to see what competitive times are for LLC/Nationals. Have ATP 4400tt 1100 multi, 650 turbine PIC. Turbine time is single engine but am flying as PIC Metro now.

Wondering if single turbine will be an issue until I get some PIC Metro time.

Does Metro PIC look better than SIC in an RJ?

Thanks

No I have an SIC flying with me. I would think two pilot would look better ie being Captain using CRM etc.

I agree.

I'm a former single pilot turboprop guy and there was always some sort of stink associated with that at hiring departments. Luckily, I got a shot and was able to prove that I wasn't some sort of miscreant or leper.

a couple guys I know just got hired at Spirit, one had 14,000TT 10,000 121, five jet types, the other 9,000 TT 5000 121, two types. They also were close to 50 yrs old. Could Spirit wants to go for the older guys so they finish their careers at Spirt as opposed to training for the job at AAL, UAL or DAL?

Last edited:
a couple guys I know just got hired at Spirit, one had 14,000TT 10,000 121, five jet types, the other 9,000 TT 5000 121, two types. They also were close to 50 yrs old. Could Spirit wants to go for the older guys so they finish their careers at Spirt as opposed to training for the job at AAL, UAL or DAL?

Maybe I have a chance then LOL almost 50, flying was a second career for me. I know that have no chance for Delta etc based on my age, lack of time and no degree. I would have no problem staying at Spirit, Atlas or any LCC

Sending out some applications looking to see what competitive times are for LLC/Nationals. Have ATP 4400tt 1100 multi, 650 turbine PIC. Turbine time is single engine but am flying as PIC Metro now.

Wondering if single turbine will be an issue until I get some PIC Metro time.

Does Metro PIC look better than SIC in an RJ?

Thanks

You're not that competitive. Unless you know someone.

Maybe I have a chance then LOL almost 50, flying was a second career for me. I know that have no chance for Delta etc based on my age, lack of time and no degree. I would have no problem staying at Spirit, Atlas or any LCC

UAL hires in that age range as well.

Latest resources

Back