Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tim47SIP

Serving for the USofA
I did a search and really did not find much.

If any of your companies have a Commuter Clause, what is it like and what are the rules; like how many times it can be invoked, are the trips dropped or picked up somewhere else, etc.?

Thanks.:beer:

at expressjet, you must be at the gate for two flights..the 2nd one must be scheduled to arrive no later than 30 min prior to your report time (this can be on any airline, dosent have to be on us or cal)..there must be seats available on both flights (jumpseat is considered a seat) 24 hrs prior to departure..you are not held accountable for weather/mechanical delays or cancellations...if you do not get to work its listed as a "commuter mistrip"..its not counted as an attendance event however you do not get paid for the portion missed.

145EXR said:
...if you do not get to work its listed as a "commuter mistrip"..its not counted as an attendance event however you do not get paid for the portion missed.

actually, it is now a CPD, commuter personal drop, so there is no "miss trip" associated with it.

RAH policy is to be listed on 2 flights that have seats within 48 hours of departure. If you don't make either you will report to your base and become reserve until you can rejoin the trip, or else rejoin it at the overnight or similar if you can work it out with sched. You can use offline flights if you can provide documentation as well (jumpseat slips or similar.)
Policy can be used twice in a rolling 6 month period..

..CT

commuter clause?!? sounds like you need to move to your crew base! thats the piedmont way, and it should be your way also.

You no show, you can get fired for the delay of a flight or for the cancellation of the flight.

buyagoat said:
commuter clause?!? sounds like you need to move to your crew base! thats the piedmont way, and it should be your way also.

Any chance you're doing this as an impersonation in your best "chief pilot voice"?

as a matter of fact reversesensing, your right now that i think of it, the only question i was asked by the chief at pdt on my interview was: Will you move to base? my answer was of corse, and then i found out there was this thing called a commuter clause, and since then i have not spent a night in base that i did not absolutly have to, or at least i think thats how it went.

good luck with the commute!

Latest resources

Back