CommutAir & LGA & CLE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LaxPilot

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about CommutAir going into CLE and LGA? I heard that LGA will have about 10 flights a day going to Albany, Manchester and Providence and it will start towards the end of Nov. And how about CLE? I also heard they will get Saab's and fly to Continental hubs in the North. Any one hear about this?

re: commutair

ive heard of the saabs. believe it or not theyre cheaper to fly than the 1900's. i wouldnt believe it for such a bigger plane but aparently its true. just waiting for a goahead. i dont think itll be anything immediately starting to happen.

routes. theyre always thinking about things. who knows what theyll do. its possible. right now farthest west they go is BUF. linking that with ohio would be alright i guess but in the winter itll suck balls. they used to go to lga. dont anymore. kinda sucks cause thats where theyre sim is located.

Rumors

Haven't heard about the LGA rumor yet. Next thing you know we'll be getting 737s and starting a new CAL hub somewhere.

The rumor of the hubs was started by Continental ALPA. The only word about it has come from them. Nothing has been said by Commutair or Continental management. So it is all speculation.

The Saab rumor is in full force and apparently they are in fact cheaper than the 1900s. Strict operating costs are more expensive, but supposedly they can be leased much cheaper than the 1900s which makes the overall costs less.

Again nothing has been said or even alluded to by any management group so for the time being I would label this as a typical wild aviation rumor.

Cheaper lease rates yes... not per hour costs when you figure in maintenance. Just ask Colgan.

In the year and a half I was at Commutair these rumors surfaced somewhat regularly. We were getting Saabs from BizEx, ATRs from CoEx, buying Shuttle America, etc. None of that ever happened so like everything else in aviation, believe it when you see it. Stubborn is not the word for Commutair's dedication to the 1900 and I can't see adding a new type to the fleet unless there is a HUGE upside to it. You know, cash payoffs or maybe free legal advice for the owners, that kind of thing.;) They have their system worked out with training and MX on the 1900 and have been doing it for 13 years so I don't see them doing anything that drastic. Just my $.02.

Latest resources

Back