• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rumor about bad news tomorrow. A guy named playn over at APC spoke with Comair's President. It ain't looking good folks.:(

Here is a rumor I picked up yesterday. I am reluctant to post it becuase I do not want to be viewed as lending credence to it's actually taking place. I am just passing this along. Rumors abound and I have even heard a version of this one before, so...

We supposedly hear Sept. 1, Wednesday... the "big announcement" that we are sold and the buyer only wants 50 of our planes. This obviously brings up the question will the pilots (basically 500, only half of the list) go with the planes? If... IF this is true, than I imagine it is a moot point for most of us posting on here as we will be on the street either way.

Again, I hear that this is "solid." But, so were the other rumors and announcement dates that never come to pass. One thing is for sure, Delta is trying to sell Comair. How do I know? Because Richard Andersen said and I quote, "we want to sell Comair."

But to be slightly positive, this announcement in a way would not surprise me at all and I am still holding out for an announcement that no one has even talked about yet.... like Comair was bought with stimulus money and will crop dust tobacco fields in Kentucky. Time will tell.
At last a bit of humor amongs all this doom and gloom.

Rumor about bad news tomorrow. A guy named playn over at APC spoke with Comair's President. It ain't looking good folks.:(

Another one named Spoilers posted something close to it but not in so many exact words, also Boomer. Like I said, those two do not seem the negative, rumor mongering type. playn seems kind of new there I don't know.

Sounds like he/she was talking to SB. If there's no big, bad announcement and Comair remains the same or gets better, we will have to just sit back and laugh at all this nonsense, if it indeed is that. Interesting the Company may not offer part-time to f/as when they were considering it awhile ago. All the part-timers have to come back full-time if not offered. I haven't heard rumors on this level and so consistent in a long time, but maybe I've been living under a rock but I'm in the same sinking ship we are all in unless someone plugs the damn hole.

Latest resources

Back